Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweeney Todd

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i saw ST while on vacation in LA last week and i loooooved it!

and on display in the lobby:
2167351418_ea47217ddb_o.jpg

2166558085_ba9790e1ec_o.jpg

the picture quality isn't so hot because i was being rushed and using the still feature on my camcorder and not a real camera.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
i saw ST while on vacation in LA last week and i loooooved it!

and on display in the lobby:
2167351418_ea47217ddb_o.jpg

2166558085_ba9790e1ec_o.jpg

the picture quality isn't so hot because i was being rushed and using the still feature on my camcorder and not a real camera.

:eek:

*dies*

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
How neat! How great to see them in person!

And you're welcome for the pics! I took them from Costumers Guide. There's some more on there as well.

I'm hoping the costumes will be on display this year at FIDM in Los Angeles when they do their Motion Picture Costume exhibit!

And if anyone's interested in recreating that dress that Mrs Lovett wears on the pier, there's a few patterns from Truly Victorian that you wouldn't have to modify much. The Vest Basque bodice and the Grand Parlor skirt.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
The costumes are gorgeous in person--and I was amazed that Sacha Baron Cohen was smaller than I expected. I thought he was quite tall, but from the mannequin, it looks like he's only a few inches taller than I. And the details on HBC's dresses! Amazing. Arclight also has a few outfits displayed from Atonement towards the back. I'll try to go back soon and take some photos as well.

pixie

Familiar Face
Went tonight and saw the Sweeney Todd movie and I have to say that I was very disappointed. I was really looking forward to it, but it was very boring and the people who say that it was too bloody, must have seen something else because to me the "blood" looked like tomato soup, really, next time you eat tomato soup, see how much it looks like the blood in the movie, it was so fake and orangey looking. The costumes and the scene where Johnny Depp and HB Carter sing about who to kill for the meat pies in the shop were my favorite things about the movie. But all in all I would not pay to see this again.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
pixie said:
Went tonight and saw the Sweeney Todd movie and I have to say that I was very disappointed. I was really looking forward to it, but it was very boring and the people who say that it was too bloody, must have seen something else because to me the "blood" looked like tomato soup, really, next time you eat tomato soup, see how much it looks like the blood in the movie, it was so fake and orangey looking. The costumes and the scene where Johnny Depp and HB Carter sing about who to kill for the meat pies in the shop were my favorite things about the movie. But all in all I would not pay to see this again.

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't like it! You're right about the costumes, as they're certainly one of the best features of the film. The blood, though...it is bright, and off-color, but it's like that in each of Burton's films. It's there for dramatic effect, to push the scene, not for realism.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I read somewhere that the "blood" used during shooting was actually a very bright orange, so that it would appear as a vibrant red when the footage was digitally desaturated in postproduction. Yet another reason that it looked intense, but not exactly real.

Josephine

One Too Many
sweetfrancaise said:
...--and I was amazed that Sacha Baron Cohen was smaller than I expected. I thought he was quite tall, but from the mannequin, it looks like he's only a few inches taller than I.

That's interesting, his IMDb page says he's 6'3".

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:
Agreed! :eusa_clap
This was my favorite part of thr movie also.
The contrast between Mrs. Lovette eagerness and Sweeney's indifference has great comic effect. I want Mrs. Lovett's bathing suit.

Another thing I found intersting was that it seemed that Lucy saw only Mrs. Lovetts wrong doing and Toby say only Sweeney's wrong doing. I know that Lucy didn't know who Sweeney was till probably the very last minute but I still think it says something about how people are blinded by love.

epr25

Practically Family
We saw this and the whole family loved it. I did not find nearly as much blood to be in the film as everyone has made it out to be. I dug it and would see it again. I agree the beach scenes were hilarious!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot