Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swimming Suit

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
I just purchased an un-dated (not sure if it's 40's or 50's) swimming suit this weekend and it needs some TLC. It is a bright red and green plaid with white trim along the neckline and along the cuffed legs. The straps are in good condition and the fabric as a whole has stayed in good condition.

The problem is that it is too big. The elastic that was across the back has stretched, causing it to be about 2 inches too big on both sides. The elastic has also worn down across the top hem along the back. I have purchased elastic from JoAnn Fabric and plan on replacing what I can. Also, I want to put the swimming suit inside out, pin along the inside, then create a new, better fitting hem

Any suggestions on how to re-energize this fantastic find???

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Sounds like a great find. Not to be to brash but also make sure that the bottom portion in the crotch area has good coverage, sometimes it seems to wear down in that area a bit and we don't want it to look to saggy when it gets wet.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
Oh yes. We don't want a case of SCS (saggy crotch syndrome)! Actually, on a serious note, the liner of the entire suit it in good condition. No stains or anything. I did by "intimates" elastic, for undies... so I figured I could use that if need be.

I am excited to get pictures up soon. I have never ever felt comfortable in swimming suits. I hope that I can revive this one so I can finally feel attractive in a bathing suit!. Heck, I think it would be adorable to even garden in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff