Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk about an Ancient TV show...

akaBruno

Suspended
RondoHatton said:
Ohboy, more product placement entertainment (sound of gagging)!
For cavemen, you still can't beat Imogene Coca & Joe E. Ross in "It's About Time" sitcom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1G-TsdNWGg

This may make me reconsider replacing my Geico insurance of 23 years!

TV commercial making is as much an art as anything in film. And face it... the people at Geico have the best damn TV commercials on the air these days. I still crack up every time I see the Real Customer with Little Richard. Oooooo!

Bruno

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amazing! They actually built a show around a commercial.

If they'll go that far afield how about a series about the speed eaters in competition? 82 hotdog in 61 minutes, 13 pies in 9 minutes, you get the idea, along with all the rivalry and relationships that could possibly develop. Bring your own barf bag......

akaBruno said:
TV commercial making is as much an art as anything in film. And face it... the people at Geico have the best damn TV commercials on the air these days. I still crack up every time I see the Real Customer with Little Richard. Oooooo!

Bruno
While SOME television commercial making IS an art, Geico ain't got a clue. George Lois, Stan Freeberg, now there were advertising artists. Or the "Elephant's Memory" spot for Rollo candy. That Geico gekko oughta be retired or run over, and Lil Richard, well, the less said about his humiliating behavior during his touring days, the better. THAT's a SPOKESMAN?

Hondo

One Too Many
Geico

Its all in fun and whats the harm as summer replacement?
What else will they put in the tube? TV seems to go down and down over the years.
Geico commercials were funny at times,
we'll see if its a hit or miss.
You want to see hairly females, they are in France lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Remember the Duracell family from the battery commercials. They had a show too (or one in the works).

I think those caveman commericals are funny. I hope they keep that main actor, his dead pan is great (in 5 second shots at least).

LD

K

killertomata

I can't imagine this show making it. The commercials are funny... but how long can one play the "It's ironic or funny because I'm a caveman" bit? It gets old fast.

akaBruno

Suspended
I'll bet it's premiere rocks the Nielson ratings. If the writing is any good it could be around for a while.

I'm surely dating myself here but... I remember when "The Flintsones" were prime time. :D

Bruno

Foofoogal

Banned
I truly detest the caveman commercials. Like chalk on a chalkboard scraping annoyance. The only other commercial I hated worse was one a long time ago about a hair shampoo that stated, "and so on and so on and so on."

akaBruno

Suspended
Foofoogal said:
I truly detest the caveman commercials. Like chalk on a chalkboard scraping annoyance. The only other commercial I hated worse was one a long time ago about a hair shampoo that stated, "and so on and so on and so on."

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

lol :D

Bruno

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
I do enjoy the Geico caveman commercials, but it really was the background music in one of them that hooked me. The one where the caveman is on the airport moving sidewalk and passes by the Geico ad. I went looking for the music and found the band that recorded it, Royksopp.

I would have been satisfied with that, but then I happened to find a very entertaining site based on the Geico caveman at http://www.cavemanscrib.com/. Yes, it has shameless plugs for Geico, but they're done in an entertaining way and fit in the overall context of the site.

The site is highly interactive, so move your cursor around to find places to look and explore. Also go back and revisit the same rooms, since the character interactions vary.

Note: I am neither a Geico customer nor a Geico shill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24