Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tapering on a Aero !950's Half-Belt Question

Deacon

Familiar Face
I'm about to order a size 40 Aero '50's half-belt that will be "slow rolled" to expand the upper torso, so that it will fit in the upper area like a size 41. But I'm still a bit concerned that the lower portion of the jacket my too wide for my waist, which measures 31" (the measurement was take by slipping the tape measure through the belt loops of my jeans), so I'm considering having a 0.5" taper through the jackets torso.

My question is, should I go for the tapering, or would this make the lower portion of the jacket overly fitted?

Thanks, as always, for your response(s).

Deacon

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Go the tapering it's period correct. My Johnson's half-belt is tapered and it looks great. Just ensure that the taper is correct and not too sharp.

majormajor

One Too Many
If Holly at Aero has all your measurements, I would say she is the one to answer your doubts.

Another FLer saying theirs is perfect is not really any good to you unless they are exactly the same shape as you, which is unlikely:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo