Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Target rules! Or...the annual repro clothing bonanza

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just drove by Target and I swear they reproduced 1940's white sailor pants with the white button front. The weekly ad also came out with the seasonal and much copied 1940's espradilles (sp?) for summer - only $17 and too cute!

Vintage Betty

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Isaac's new line has some cute vintagey things as well.There's an adorable pink and white 3/4 sleeve daydress.It's a bit sheer,but nothing a cute slip couldn't cure.
I also found some things at Walmart.

Feraud

Bartender
I never post in here but..

Target has certainly become a shopping option lately. Their men's selection is not quite the cargo shorts and sandals we tend to think of.
I recently picked up this suit with an extra pair of pants from Target at a decent price.
DSC00424.jpg

The construction, material, and cost makes this a very feasible option.
The color of the suit is more like -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/feraud/Clothes/DSC00425.jpg

Ladies, get your man to Target for a budget minded outfit! ;)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Feraud-I'm so glad you posted that suit.I've been looking for a nice summerweight suit for my husband since his are all very fall/winterish looking.I would have never thought to look at Target.

Feraud

Bartender
Kim_B said:
Feraud,

That's a good looking suit! :eusa_clap
Thanks Kim_B. It should make a nice suit for the summer months.

The single breasted suits seem to be selling fast but the notched lapels in a dark tan color are in abundance! There are also plenty of shirts and ties there too.

rubyredlocks said:
Feraud-I'm so glad you posted that suit.I've been looking for a nice summerweight suit for my husband since his are all very fall/winterish looking.I would have never thought to look at Target.

Nashoba

One Too Many
sigh, just one more reason I love target lately....I think perhaps today may be a target day after I pick my bf up from the airport....she needs to go shopping anyway. lol...as if I need an excuse!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I pretty much get all my shoes at Target. They're too cute and too affordable not too!

Miss Bella Hell has been raving about this sweater she recently found at Target:
Apparently it runs large, but fits just like a sweater-girl sweater in the smaller sizes!

Also, I was in Wal-Mart today and this dress is super-duper cute!

Daisy Buchanan

About a month ago I got some of the floral dresses and a polka dot dress that I like very much. I also got a very cute seersucker sundress that fits so perfectly, is fully lined and very well made. I also got a very cute cardigan in tan with lace going up the sleeves and lace trim on the small pockets. Both are from the Isaac collection. I really love the cardigan. I will try to find a pic of it online, but it's perfect for summer evenings, the color goes with everything, and the lace details are really quite pretty.
I'm gonna have to check out those nautical pants. I've been looking all over the place for a pair of vintage-y trousers. I want to have a pair made, but I'm going to a Red Sox game in under 2 weeks and I fear I won't have them in time. It's a game and party hosted by the Boston Young Professional Organization. It's not technically a singles event, but a lot of single people go. I don't want to wear a dress because it does get cool at night, and I know I would really stand out at Fenway Park in a dress. So I was thinking of wide leg trousers, espadrilles, a tight top and a cardigan. I'd still have the vintage feel that I'm looking for but would be far from over dressed, even though I know I'll still be dressed nicer than most of the people at the game. I have the picture of the outfit in my head, I just have to get the courage to put on pants. Since I've gained some weight I feel more comfy in dresses and skirts. It's been tough to find a pair of pants that are flattering. Maybe I'll have some luck with the ones from Target. They really have been getting some cute things in. I got a few very cute swim suits with matching cover ups a few weeks ago. Funny I feel funny buying pants, but I bought a bikini:eek:!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy, the outfit you are thinking of wearing sounds perfect for a game! I have faith you will find it in record time due to the fact that you are a shopping pro! lol

I actually have a better time buying pants than I do dresses for some reason. Pants fit me well and sometimes dresses make me look frumpy if they are too long. [huh]

I am going to have to check out Target obviously as I have been hitting dirt in my hunt for vintage dresses lately.

Thanks for the heads up Vintage Betty!

Daisy Buchanan

They do have the cream and lace cardigan online
41DSCGLuhpL._SS384_.jpg

51-Qlwk2ysL._SS384_.jpg

Here's the seersucker sundress. I have to say although it fits me perfectly, I think that it might be a bit short on someone of average height. It falls just below the knee on me, which is perfect, but I'm only 5 feet tall. So, this might be better suited for someone who is on the petite side. Again I am impressed with this dress. It seems to be very well made and it is rare for me to find a dress that fits both my bust and my waist. I usually have to go up a few sizes to accommodate my bust, which usually means my dresses have to be tailored down in the waist area. But this dress fits perfect. I love seersucker for summer, and around here seersucker is a staple New England fabric. This will be the ideal dress for an evening out on The Cape, The Vineyard or Block Island. Ahhh, dreaming of summer get-a-ways in my new dress!
41KVS4Ab7eL._SS384_.jpg

Shimmy Sally

My problem with those places like is the sizing is for a B-cup which is too small for me. I have to buy things to fit the bodice, then adjust the rest, which is a pain with armholes and necklines.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Just drove by Target and I swear they reproduced 1940's white sailor pants with the white button front. The weekly ad also came out with the seasonal and much copied 1940's espradilles (sp?) for summer - only $17 and too cute!

Vintage Betty

I went to Target yesterday and did'nt see any button front pants. Are they in the online store? What label makes them? Thanks.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I needed a lightweight 2-pocket shirt for my flight back from Iowa and picked it up at Target for 9.99.
411vCPMXKSL._SS260_.jpg

It's military patterned (mine's OD green), but not all fake stonewashed or slim emo-kid cut. And it's cool comfy stretch poplin.
It worked great on the flight and the price was right. I may get another.

Daisy Buchanan

Fletch said:
I needed a lightweight 2-pocket shirt for my flight back from Iowa and picked it up at Target for 9.99.
411vCPMXKSL._SS260_.jpg

It's military patterned (mine's OD green), but not all fake stonewashed or slim emo-kid cut. And it's cool comfy stretch poplin.
It worked great on the flight and the price was right. I may get another.

Wow, that is a cool shirt! I've seen shirts just like that at outdoor suppliers for a lot more money!

Vintage Betty

Wow-I never thought there would be so much reponse to this thread.

The sailor pants were plastered to an ad wrapping the Target store at the mal. The woman in the pants was probably a photo the size of a mid-sized car. Very hard to miss.

I checked online and didn't see them, but saw other online items from the wrapped ad. Maybe it's coming soon?

Vintage Betty

lindawmn

New in Town
It is not unusual for even some of the best designers to troll for vintage for inspiration. Fashion tends to renew itself on twenty-year cycles which explains th retro-40s thing going on now. The 40s too were a very classic era for suits and can usually be worn off the rack with perhaps a hemline change on the skirt. The lines were beautiful.

Take a look at Balenciaga. They are pulling out their old designs from the 40s/50s and reproducing them. Gorgeous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy