Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teacore leather jackets - post yours here!

Peter Bowden

Practically Family

Attachments

• Label.JPG
    Label.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 100

mvilla

A-List Customer
This jacket was produced probably around 4 years ago, but sat in its previous owners closet, with regular mustang paste and brushing, no brown showing anywhere, but grains are popped in some places. My plan is to wear this jacket everyday for the next two week through the rainy Vancouver and then take some compare photos at the end of the two weeks wear. I will mostly wear it open, unzipped, damn Hookless, so there might not be any browning along the zip. This is the leather Greg also uses, the Shinki pigment.
View attachment 582825 View attachment 582826 View attachment 582827

I have seen a lot of pics of used Shinki pigment jackets online. I am weary of the heavily brown ones, I do suspect they have some artificial help. The top coating on the Shinki is very good, holds up well and age beautifully. Here is another one on Youtube that uses the same leather that has been worn in a lot of wet weather, no excessive browning, but a lot of creases:
Heya! Did you wear it for the two weeks? How's it looking now?

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
Here's my recent 30 euro bargain. Probably 90s, it's French made and I think fits here.

As a 90s kid I love the oversized 90s vibe of this, although it's probably anathema to the vintage tastes of the lounge XD

Anyway, G. Rodson made a good jacket. Thick, soft hide, completely intact lining and a great Riri zipper.

Hope you like the pics. What do you think?

20240304_123035.jpg
20240304_123152.jpg
20240304_123159.jpg
20240304_123643.jpg

Last edited:

mvilla

A-List Customer
Fantastic examples throughout, really. With all of these, I decided to proceed with Shinki teacore, thus thank you all for your contribution. Soon enough I'll post my own teacore jacket here :)

Jaymig926

New in Town
Hello all
Thinking of picking up a DH western pioneer type 3
For those with experience with one does the aging process happen fast or will it stay black for a while ? I prefer for it to take a while
My RMC j24 after 2 years has shown brown just on the sleeve ends as belt loops which I love
Thanks to all for the help !
Jay

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gorgeous. Blackened brown Vic I'm assuming?
Exactly, Vicenza blackened brown.
Is blackened brown not tea core, or is tea core just when it wears through to a lighter aniline base layer?
It's probably exactly the same, just packaged as a fancy term.
Whereby my black CXFQHH from before was also brown in the leather but deep black in the top coat, whereas the blackened brown is more of an espresso colour. It's as if the black lets a minimal amount of the brown through. At the time of my CXFQHH, the term "tea core" didn't exist yet... I don't think. At least I had never heard or read it.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually, the concept of teacore is fairly old, and can be also referred to as Chashin. This post on Reddit gives a very brief introduction about Chashin, if anybody is interested.

Eh. “Tea core” in the way the online fanbase of leather jackets uses it is not the same as how the Japanese originally used it to describe a specific core colour that had that tea tone.

They use it to mean leather with a darker topcoat designed to chip away. Which is why it’s now used to market leathers that never went by that description.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner