Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TEST: Pick The Brand- Stetson or Bailey?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A:

baileyorstetson.jpg

B:

stetsonorbailey.jpg

One is a Stetson Weekender, one a Bailey Jackson. No Cheating. ;)

Pompidou

One Too Many
I had a Baileys and a Stetson, which I got in that order, and the Baileys are more showy and modern, from what I've seen. I'm going to agree with consensus. I don't think Stetson would do such a fancy ribbon with a snake tail and everything. My Baileys had a big, bright feather sticking out the top, with a bright pin on the ribbon and all. My Stetson had a subdued, little feather. There's a pin on hat A.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I actually saw a Weekender model recently, so I will refrain from voting as it is nearly like cheating.

Hangman

New in Town
Stetson or Bailey?...

I concur with the general concensus, hat 'A' is the Bailey and hat 'B' is a Stetson...you typically get what you pay for.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yup

OK... fooled no one. [huh]
I always thought they looked maddeningly similar.
I got the Bailey (A) as the only bidder in a twenty buck auction... nice enough, more western than dress weight, I may cut the brim to 2.5" & see if the proportions appeal or try a puggaree atop the sartorial splendor of the pheasant feathers (try saying THAT like Daffy Duck)... anyway, thanks for playing!
:D

theinterchange

One Too Many
Rick Blaine said:
OK... fooled no one. [huh]
I always thought they looked maddeningly similar.
I got the Bailey (A) as the only bidder in a twenty buck auction... nice enough, more western than dress weight, I may cut the brim to 2.5" & see if the proportions appeal or try a puggaree atop the sartorial splendor of the pheasant feathers (try saying THAT like Daffy Duck)... anyway, thanks for playing!
:D

I don't believe I could pass it up for that sort of price.

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy