Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank goodness I live 5,400 miles away . . . .

Graemsay

Practically Family
I was in London last November with my two daughters. I had a two hour window of free-time and had to choose between American Classics or Son of Stag. I went with Son of Stag . . . great store! I will visit American Classics and the new RMC store on my next visit.

I prefer Rivet and Hide to Son of a Stag.

With a two hour window, I'd have started with Rivet and Hide, walked down to American Classics, and then onto RMC and the Cabourn stores. The last two are pretty much on opposite sides of the street.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I prefer Rivet and Hide to Son of a Stag.

With a two hour window, I'd have started with Rivet and Hide, walked down to American Classics, and then onto RMC and the Cabourn stores. The last two are pretty much on opposite sides of the street.

Rivet and Hide carries many of the same products as Self Edge, which is 15 minutes from my office. The RMC store was opening a week after I left.

bn1966

Just been up the 'Smoke' this weekend & visited Brick Lane...visited 'Son of a Stag...fantastic!!!! Lovely stock & helpful, enthusiastic staff...didn't spend as much money as I could of :) Nearly went for breakfast at 'Cereal Killer' but felt a bit silly as it was full of kids :-(

photo (8).JPG

tonypaj

Practically Family
When I'm in London, 3-4 times a year, I just stay at a hotel in Brick Lane. Then I go to Levisons first, just to chat with the dude there. I may buy something or then not. They are OK by me, prices high, but a "please" or "thank you" takes you a bit further.

I avoid the Son of Stag, and likes. Mostly I just walk, talk with people. Ask stupid questions. Have a curry or a beer. Oh, for breakfast there's very nice freshly pressed juice and what have you not far from Rough Trade, across the street.

As far as music goes, well my son will play a gig there soonish. Audience expected 30, maybe :)

bn1966

I visited Levisons too & saw a few interesting NOS work wear pieces...visited Rok-it and soon left (mainly cheap student clobber). Breakfast ended up being a superb Moroccan curry from a street food vendor, if I had a Hipster beard I could have saved some for later (joke) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24