Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 100 Sexiest Movie Stars of All Time

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Premiere Magazine*

1.-Marilyn-Monroe_imagelarge.jpg

*Hit Previous Photo to go down the list.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Ya know I was enjoying that one until I reached #20... Kevin Costner... How am I in a world world where Kevin Costner is ranked #20 in the 100 sexiest movie stars of all time...

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
You gave us the link to look at in the wrong direction. Always start lists like this from 100.

Having Keanu Reeves immediately above Errol Flynn was just an insult to reason and aesthetics. I don't understand how Keanu Reeves even made it onto the list. I guess, among other things, it didn't specify that the movie stars had to be actors/actresses.
Also, according to me, this list should top with Sophia Loren. (The most beautiful list tops with Audrey Hepburn). But that is my opinion.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
These things are subjective but fun. It's amazing how many people get their knickers in a twist over some magazine's views on the 100 best rock songs, books, movies, what have you.

In this case, everyone knows the sexiest movie star ever was Ernest Borgnine...
:D

Edward

Bartender
MisterCairo said:
These things are subjective but fun. It's amazing how many people get their knickers in a twist over some magazine's views on the 100 best rock songs, books, movies, what have you.

In this case, everyone knows the sexiest movie star ever was Ernest Borgnine...
:D

Sidney Greenstreet, Shurely? lol

I agree absolutely. The thing is that 'sexiness' is so subjective. Just look at this last series of Doctor Who - men my age and older drooling over the assistant, who can't be more than twenty, strikes me as a touch in appropriate.... but Alex Kingston, on the other hand.... grrrrrrrrr. IMO, all the women in the 'bottom ten' should have been much higher.... but then I never found Marilyn sexy. Beautiful, yes, iconic, funny, clever, captivating.... just never sexy. [huh]

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I agree about Cary Grant. Also, where the heck is Ingrid Bergman? Maybe Charles Boyer? And we forget that women melted over John Gilbert. And where's John Garfield? Etc., etc.
I can go with about 75% of their choices, not necessarily in the same order. Nice to see Rudolph Valentino and Jean Harlow prominent, as well as Hedy Lamarr (if you've never seen her and Boyer in "Algiers", rent it IMMEDIATELY!).
This list, of course, reveals mainly the age and biases of the people who put it together. But an amusing way to waste a half hour on a Friday morning.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Paisley said:
Jack Nicholson, Keanu Reeves, and Kevin Costner? [huh] Whatever floats your boat.

Not even Jack in The Postman Always Rings Twice?

I've never found Angelina Jolie sexy, so that list stumbled pretty dang early for me.

This is definitely a "Sexy" list and not a "Beautiful" list.

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
They listed Ava Gardner and Veronica Lake. Deeper research than most of these lists.

But where on earth is Telly Savalas?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chasseur said:
Ya know I was enjoying that one until I reached #20... Kevin Costner... How am I in a world world where Kevin Costner is ranked #20 in the 100 sexiest movie stars of all time...

Hi

I'm a straight guy, so I never thought of Costner in that light. I'm not oblivious to what women think, and I thought they like Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Johnny Dep. To me Kevin Costner is a dramatic and comedy actor. Silverado and Bull Durham cracked me up. Robin Hood was o.k. and he was pretty good in Mr. Brooks.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass