Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 1920 JAZZ SUIT

On first sight the suit struck me as being for horse riding. The jacket has the hacking-type pockets, long flared skirt (possible side vents?), and high button stance. All the things that make it easier to ride a horse. If i remember rightly, it also has quite a low waist trousers - again, good for riding horses.

It is truly hideous. Perfect for chasing around the countryside after a fox!

bk

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Those are "Jazzbo" suits. Very extreme pipestem pants, long flared skirts, etc. They were the zoots of the 20s.

Late 20s suits looked a lot like early 30s suits, except the pants weren't quite so broad thru the knee.

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
I know I like these, but aren't these some of the 'Jazz suits'? The narrow pant legs are really cool for someone with long skinny legs like mine, though I don't much care for the waist seam in the leftmost jacket. The middle two are my favorites, and are those sleeve cuffs? Very neat.

The pants could be a tad longer too, but otherwise, these are some really cool suits that get snubbed alot when talking about fashions of the past.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love those hats.Here is a couple of my Grand father during that period.
check out the trousers
DSCN3953.jpg

DSCN3975.jpg

DSCN3964.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
The nice thing about 1920's styles is the narrow trousers. A decent modern pair will pass well with a 1920's jacket. Saves money and the time of hunting down a pair of wide legged 30's trousers. Of course you've still got to hunt for those 1920's jackets....;)

Flitcraft

One Too Many
I love those homburgs. I would like to try out that side crease.
Agreed- those are pretty cool

I like Suit Model #8 as well- single breasted, peaked lapel and slanted pockets- Wow!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
1920s Suits

The condition of those suits is amazing.

What an era! Then in 1929 it all went pear shaped liked the 1930s did.

The 20thc was full of fun and bigger quantities of misery.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
the trousers aren't too bad if you like narrow trousers. but the jackets with the buttons all pushed together like that... they look like twee edwardian frock coats for pale boys to wear while pushing toy boats around a park lake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran