Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE ACADEMY AWARDS - 2007

Best Leading Male Actor

• Leonardo DiCaprio - BLOOD DIAMOND

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Gosling - HALF NELSON

• Peter O'Toole - VENUS

• Will Smith - THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS

• Forest Whitaker - THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Both of those were well deserved, too! I was stunned at Pan's loss of Best Foreign Film! That was truly "out of the blue" with the German movie winning.:eusa_doh: [huh]
But, it was incredibly righteous to have seen Scorcese finally win! Maybe Departed was not the movie he should've won for, but at this point, that's not even worth arguing. An amazing director, and so good to see him finally honored! :)

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
LadyStardust said:
Both of those were well deserved, too! I was stunned at Pan's loss of Best Foreign Film! That was truly "out of the blue" with the German movie winning.:eusa_doh: [huh]
But, it was incredibly righteous to have seen Scorcese finally win! Maybe Departed was not the movie he should've won for, but at this point, that's not even worth arguing. An amazing director, and so good to see him finally honored! :)

I think if not The Departed then Letters From Iwo Jima

Hondo

One Too Many
I read the news today oh boy...

Congrs. to Forest Whitaker!!! :eusa_clap One for my Ghost Dog. Not a big fan of Decap. but he's getting better, cool guy, sorry there can only be one winner.
Will have to check out "The Departed" ;)

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I am very happy for my friends David Mart?? and Montse Rib?© who won the Oscar for Best Make-up for the film Pan's Labyrinth. They are these charming, humble people from Spain who are living a Cinderella dream right now.

win_Makeup.jpg

http://oscar.com/video/index?channel=5173&clip=5293

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I have seen the German film "The Lives of Others", and thought it was quite outstanding - I was very happy that it won for Foreign Language. I definitely liked it better than the also-excellent "Water" and "Volver". (I haven't seen "Pan's Labyrinth" yet, but it will be playing at my local 1930 movie palace starting later this week.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters