Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The beard

Rooster

Practically Family
Maj.Nick Danger said:
220px-Zztop33.jpg

I had a red ZZ Top beard. Kept me single untill I was 30.lol
Do what you want, it's your face. I've kept a moustach since I was 17 and abeard since I was 23.
.....my facial hair is probably older than many Loungers!:eek: lol

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Keep it going, Matt. Hey, there's no grey in it . . . I've get two grey patches in the bottom of mine, which I usually only grow when I'm being lazy on holidays. My record is 5 weeks, it gets pretty thick by 3 weeks.

My wife and I got Colonial-era sepia photos taken in Ballarat when I had a beard a few years back. Looks very appropriate, too!

I'm throwing down the challenge Matt, beat my five weeks!

metropd

One Too Many
Must go, I personally think chin hair and fedoras are a VILE combintation. That is just my opinion, you look great in clothes, as you know, BUT SHAVE THAT OFF!;)

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Vintage bohemian, I like it.

Took the words right outta my mouth (sorry for popping in on here). It's got a very Pierre-Auguste Renoir turn-of-the-century Montmartre brooding thing going on....I thought of this self-portrait immediately:

renoir_self.jpg

Teacher

Familiar Face
Come on, Matt...it's your face, make up your own mind! If you like it, keep it. If you don't, away it goes. But remember the NUMBER ONE rule of men's style: never, ever, ever do something just because a woman tells you to. (Sorry ladies, but a real man makes up his own mind.)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Looking good!

Just a thought:
How come that every time a man grows a beard/moustache his face becomes public area. Everybody - especially women - feels like commenting on it.
Would you - as a man - do the same to a woman colleague if she - let's say - had a new hairstyle ora new haircolor?
"Hey I liked you better with the old hairstyle!"
Or
"Hey I dont like red hair...!!!"
:eek:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Definately give it the 4 weeks before trimming it up at all. It will look Willy Nelson scragley for a couple of weeks, but at around 4 weeks it will have enough thickness to trim it up and shape properly. Thenk you could just trim it to the moustache and chin wiskers and have a Trotsky look.
Trotsky-1920.gif

Or just keep the beard portion and go for the Kenneth Howard (VonDutch) look.
dutch_13.jpg

Let the moustache thicken up a bit and wax the ends but not excessively for either a pencil moustache or a small handle bar. Keep up with it and you may be surprised. So far so good.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Nice experiment. Try to keep it for at least a month. But you might get sick of it by the time summer rolls around. Nevertheless, ENJOY it. And think about trying it again in the winter months

And be advised, when shaving it off, your skin will feel like a baby's butt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland