Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BEST weather in your town!

D

Deleted member 259

Solid Citizen said:
June thru August humidity can be rough around
Baltimore/Washington D.C.!

SC :p

PS That was till I went to Savanah Georgia
last Summer, now thats HUMIDITY!!!!!!

Agreed! But it's the only time of the year that the temps get extreme. We get all 4 seasons and they are usually mild.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
It depends on what you like - especially whether you like four seasons or not.

Here in Fort Collins, CO (60 miles north of Denver) we average more than 300 sunny days a year, and have humidity in the summer that tops out about 40%..but that's just before it rains. We have about 2-3 weeks when A/C would be nice, but our house doesn't have it and with the low humidity, an attic fan works nicely.

We have the glorious aspens in the mountains just a few miles west, and much of our winter is in the 40-50 degree range. We're actually on the edge of the plains, not in the mountains, although we are a mile high.

If any season gets old it's the winter, but that's one price you pay for having four real seasons.

Oh, and we have three major microbreweries in town! :cheers1:

BillTyre

New in Town
Why exempt San Diego

Why exempt San Diego? The problem here is that it can go from 40 degrees to 80 in the course of a morning. I'll grant you thats only in the winter, but it sure can make it hard to dress properly.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Like the song Lady is a Tramp goes;

Hates San Francisco; it's too cold and damp. That's why the lady is a tramp. Like Mark Twain said; the coldest winter he's ever experienced is a summer in San Francisco. I've lived there and hated the weather. Right now the Sierra's is cold and snowy, but the best weather I've ever experienced is Los Angeles and Broward County, Fl.:cheers1:

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It's a compliment

BillTyre said:
Why exempt San Diego? The problem here is that it can go from 40 degrees to 80 in the course of a morning. I'll grant you thats only in the winter, but it sure can make it hard to dress properly.

Not to slight your fine city, but EVERYONE I know up here in the Bay Area says that San Diego has THE best weather, year round. Mild winter, lots less fog than SF, and the summers are almost tropical heaven. Am I right? Or am I "under the weather?"

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
Burma Shave said:
On to the subject at hand: Where I live (South Carolina) I understand it gets pretty nasty in the summertime, but I just moved here -- just in time to escape the snow in DC, I might add. Best weather I've ever experienced was on La Isla Margarita, off the coast of Venezuela. Close to 80 degrees year-round, apparently, and they're out of the hurricane belt.

My sympathies, Burma Shave, having lived 14 of the last 16 years in South Carolina, I can tell you that it's not the heat, it's the humidity! Plan ahead and try to go do something (indoors) during August to take your mind off the temps! The weather in the SC Upstate is great, I spent 4 years there and loved getting occasional snow and cooler summers than my folks out in Texas.

My BEST weather has always been while vacationing in the mountains--Colorado Rockies, Big Bend National Park, Asheville, Blowing Rock.

But since one can't vacation all the time (unless one is a writer for Fodor's, perhaps?) I try very hard to enjoy my screened porch during the fall and spring, and the beach during the summer. And do something indoors during August! :cool:

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
The Great-Northwest

even though it does seem like it rains 8 months out of the year, the air is always crisp, no smog...just nice clean air. Yesterday we actually got some snow, lately our winters have been pretty mild, same with our summers, my favorite time of year around here is late summer when it's still warm out during the day but during the evening there's a slight chill out

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Amen!

Mysterygal, I grew up in eastern Washington and overall, I'll take Pacific NW weather over anywhere else in the US.

Washington state itself has five climate zones, ranging from the Olympic rain forest to a few patches of sand dune desert in the central part of the state - and just about anything in between, except for southern US heat and humidity.

I spent 13 years in College Station, TX and traveled the state extensively, so I officially exempt that area from consideration under the current challenge.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I have a few relatives in eastern washington (Twisp actually ) and from what they tell me, their weather is a bit more extreme...I went there once during the summer and the big thing was, was to look out for rattle snakes, it was the strangest thing cause all over the road there was squished ones, it kind of scared me to even go out and play....at least where I'm at all we have are gardner snakes.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany