Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Birds remake

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just heard Naiomi Watts will star in a remake about a year away :eusa_doh:

Another senseless, uninspired project from the idealess folks in braindead Hollywood.

K

kpreed

I agree, I lived near there and remember it being filmed. I always seem to have had a copy of the movie around. Not the best movie Hitch ever made, but not that bad either. Has Hollywierd run out of ideas or do they just make remakes now? And really poor remakes too

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Feraud said:
Has anyone read the short story by DuMaurier?
I hear it is very good.

I remember reading it for a Jr. High School english class many moons ago. The ending is different than the movie if I recall properly. DuMaurier also wrote Rebecca.

Doh!

One Too Many
This doesn't bother me nearly as much as the Psycho remake did. And even then, that remake was pointless to the point of being forgotten.

I'm sure we'll weather this one, too.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
no, no...please no! I don't care WHO stars in a remake...
it's just plain senseless. It's NOT Hitchcock behind the
lense giving direction. It's like someone saying they
are going to paint a better & newer Mona Lisa.
It can't be better and who cares if it's newer.

And I felt the same way about the Psycho remake.
I have never seen it and I never will.

Jovan

Suspended
The library insulted my intelligence once when I requested a copy of "Psycho," author "Alfred Hitchcock" on DVD to be held. When they gave me my hold, it was the remake.

Yeah. How they got "Gus Van Sant" as the author from "Alfred Hitchcock" is really beyond me.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ick ick ick. I hope they dont put a story as to why the birds are evil. Genetic manipulation, perhaps :eusa_doh:

Just dont touch Vertigo, and Ill be a happy Lady.

*yeah, right

LD

Bebop

Practically Family
I spend a lot of time in Bodega Bay and I hope they don't come in and trash it or make it impossible to relax and enjoy the place. :mad: One of the reasons I moved from So. Ca. is because of the reverence So. Ca. has towards movie making and not caring about people going about with their lives. Blocking streets and thinking they are the only ones that have business to conduct leaves a bad taste in my mouth towards the movie being made and the movie industry in general. :mad: I am sure they will not be able to do Hitchcock justice in the end. Sounds like someone has a few million dollars to write off. :rolleyes: (Naomi Watts?? I think Reese Witherspoon would be a step in the right direction.)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
*Sigh* I can imagine the dreck we're about to get. With Hollywierd's lack of imagination of late, I'd be surprised if they hadn't tried to get Tipi Hedren's daughter (Melanie Griffith) to play the role first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy