Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
A Vintage Borsalino I got a long time ago. It never fit and needed a new sweatband so it never got worn. So I had it resized to fit and a new sweatband put in at Northwest hats. I have way too many thin ribbon Borsalino's that all look alike so I had Mike change out the ribbon and edge binding to set it off. It's an off gray hat with some brown in it that really seemed to come out in the pics. I wear a lot of blue shirts and sport coats so this hat will match with them. I like how the blue matches the liner.

fedoralover

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Had some free time to tweak the crease in my Torino. Popped the center part out because it was touching the top of my head. Had to dampen the felt to get this to hold.
IMG_20130417_192833_zps82d7ade9.jpg

IMG_20130417_192917_zpsf1992332.jpg

IMG_20130417_192952_zpsf4b5c2eb.jpg

Pretty happy with the result.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Two new Comos

A week ago I received my first Como from Delmonico Hatter - a medium gray. I was so impressed with the softness of the fedora that I ordered the Como in taupe. It arrived today. I think I would have named the color chameleon, as it's not really brown, and it's not really gray, and it's not really green - it's whatever color it decides it wants be in the available light.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Qualita Speciale, probably from the 60s. Very nice made with a super thick and very stiff felt, similar to a Western hat felt.
Cream color. Condition is rare worn!

6a2v.jpg

6uly.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Justin, I was very suprised about the thick and stiff felt. I guess, the brim was modified by the pre owner.
I have seen that the brim was cut. So I sanded the brim to smooth the cut! It could be that the brim was much wider then now
and I think it was a Borsalino Western hat, long time ago.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Mike, I would like to see an Italien Cowboy! haha

Thanks Randall, it's indeed a nice detail, simple but nice. I hope it's all ok on your world tour!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland