Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I haven't found a wholesaler's Borsalino Catalog where they might appear. Retail Catalogs have model names that do not appear on the hats too.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
1910 Catalog

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 9.48.37 AM.jpg

Alan, It would be interesting to compile a list of all the names.

Robert, What a catalog! I wish I could see inside it.

Ale, Great to you see back! Makes sense. I have a cousin that lives in Alessandria‎ and is now in his 80s. He has been there most of his life so I am sure he knows people that go way back at Borsalino. I definitely need to go visit him.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Found a rare Borsalino Film! 1913

[video=youtube;Pb8kOzdwkAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Pb8kOzdwkAA[/video]

Last edited:
Manfred, Fantastic finds! The old film is beyond amazing! It's from G. B. Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. (the other Borsalino). It's earlier than the Stetson film that everyone raved about. This made my day! Thanks!

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great films, Manfred. I particularly enjoyed the first -right through from the Robinson Crusoe scenes to the football match (not to mention the hat production!).

Steve - I'm ignorant of this 'other Borsalino'. Can you tell me anymore?

gear-guy

Practically Family
My two Borsalino's The stingy found at an antique store, and the open crown from craigslist in Denver. They were $30 apiece so even though I am a hat novice, I didn't think I could go too wrong.
20140302_103426.jpg 20140302_103415.jpg 20140302_103524.jpg

Last edited:
I found it here!
Sorry it's from 1912 and shown 1913.

Wonderful glimpse into the past, thank you for sharing it, Manfred. Interesting to see so many women working in the manufacturing areas. In the Stetson film there is nary a woman until you reach the finishing shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick