Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Second one is a Borsalino homburg in black, size 60. Export Qualität Gran Lusso. Bound brim at over 6 cm and crown at 10,5cm in front. Lined with yellow onionskin covering of the crown patch (love these). Looks like it has never been worn. I'll post it in the Homburg Nation thread too.

borsalino nero homburg 60 export_2.jpg
borsalino nero homburg 60 export_1.jpg
borsalino nero homburg 60 export_3.jpg
borsalino nero homburg 60 export_4.jpg
borsalino nero homburg 60 export_5.jpg
borsalino nero homburg 60 export_7.jpg
borsalino nero homburg 60 export_8.jpg
borsalino nero homburg 60 export_9.jpg

borsalino nero homburg 60 export_6.jpg

Third one is another homburg. Borsalino Export Qualität in grey, size 57.The colour is called Uranio on the label. Bound brim at 5 cm and crown at 10,5cm in front. Lined with transparant covering of the crown patch (unsure about the material). Liner states Qualitá Speciale. Sold by Ernst of Köln and Bonn. This one is a bit later (sixties or early seventies). Even though size 57 Borsalinos usually fit me, this one is a bit wide for me (damn).

borsalino uranio homburg_02.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_01.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_03.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_05.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_06.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_07.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_08.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_09.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_10.jpg
borsalino uranio homburg_11.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Usually I can hold myself back a little better when nice hats are not my size, but seeing all these lovely liners I just had to bring them. Good hunting by the way on saturday.
Thanks, Stefan. I know what you mean btw. A gorgeous hat is a gorgeous hat. Who cares if it doesn't fit? It must be in the collection [emoji5]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Third one is another homburg. Borsalino Export Qualität in grey, size 57.The colour is called Uranio on the label. Bound brim at 5 cm and crown at 10,5cm in front. Lined with transparant covering of the crown patch (unsure about the material). Liner states Qualitá Speciale. Sold by Ernst of Köln and Bonn. This one is a bit later (sixties or early seventies). Even though size 57 Borsalinos usually fit me, this one is a bit wide for me (damn).

View attachment 87496 View attachment 87497 View attachment 87498 View attachment 87499 View attachment 87500 View attachment 87501 View attachment 87502 View attachment 87503 View attachment 87504 View attachment 87505
Oh my, they get better and better. Really like that one.

Oh my, they get better and better. Really like that one.

That's possibly my size, but who knows. amazing finds, and you've not posted one that fits you yet.
Steve, Karl. Thanks. Gives you something to think about, Karl. Next one is another one that does not fit me (to my dismay I might add).

Fourth one is another one in black. Borsalino Export Qualität Gran Lusso. Size 58. Overwelt brim at 5,7cm and crown 10,5 cm at the pinch. Very lightweight hat again and even lighter than the first one at only 87 grams. This one resembles the finishing of the lightweight borsalino hats I have more closely with the thin ribbon and very basic bow. This one has the corrugated spacer in front of the sweatband as well. I really like these lightweight hats and would have loved to add this one to the collection, but it's a 58, so what can you do? This one has a date stamp on the inside of the sweatband, so it can be dated exactly: october 29 1960. Sold by Keuthen of Essen Germany.

borsalino nero 58 export_02.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_01.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_03.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_04.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_05.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_06.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_07.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_09.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_10.jpg
borsalino nero 58 export_12.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Fourth one is another one in black. Borsalino Export Qualität Gran Lusso. Size 58. Overwelt brim at 5,7cm and crown 10,5 cm at the pinch. Very lightweight hat again and even lighter than the first one at only 87 grams. This one resembles the finishing of the lightweight borsalino hats I have more closely with the thin ribbon and very basic bow. This one has the corrugated spacer in front of the sweatband as well. I really like these lightweight hats and would have loved to add this one to the collection, but it's a 58, so what can you do? This one has a date stamp on the inside of the sweatband, so it can be dated exactly: october 29 1960. Sold by Keuthen of Essen Germany.

View attachment 87508 View attachment 87509 View attachment 87510 View attachment 87511 View attachment 87512 View attachment 87513 View attachment 87514 View attachment 87515 View attachment 87516 View attachment 87517
Stop, stop! No, please don't [emoji5]
Great hat, Stefan. Looks in wonderful condition.

One more then? This one actually fits me too, so it's a keeper. Borsalino Export Qualität Gran Lusso in brown (mogano - mahogany - according to the label) with a nlack ribbon and bow. Size 56. Overwelt brim at 5,3 cm and crown 10,5 cm at the pinch. Very lightweight hat again and and weighs the same as the black one with only 87 grams. This has a more traditional finishing and has the corrugated spacer in front of the sweatband too. Sold by LH van Hees of München. Lovely hat.

borsalino mogano_02.jpg
borsalino mogano_01.jpg
borsalino mogano_03.jpg
borsalino mogano_05.jpg
borsalino mogano_06.jpg
borsalino mogano_07.jpg
borsalino mogano_08.jpg
borsalino mogano_09.jpg
borsalino mogano_10.jpg
borsalino mogano_11.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
One more then? This one actually fits me too, so it's a keeper. Borsalino Export Qualität Gran Lusso in brown (mogano - mahogany - according to the label) with a nlack ribbon and bow. Size 56. Overwelt brim at 5,3 cm and crown 10,5 cm at the pinch. Very lightweight hat again and and weighs the same as the black one with only 87 grams. This has a more traditional finishing and has the corrugated spacer in front of the sweatband too. Sold by LH van Hees of München. Lovely hat.

View attachment 87526 View attachment 87527 View attachment 87528 View attachment 87529 View attachment 87530 View attachment 87531 View attachment 87532 View attachment 87533 View attachment 87534 View attachment 87535
Nice, Stefan. Congrats. Another beauty. Glad this one fits.

KarlCrow

One Too Many

View attachment 87526 View attachment 87527 View attachment 87528 View attachment 87529 View attachment 87530 View attachment 87531 View attachment 87532 View attachment 87533 View attachment 87534 View attachment 87535
Glorious hat

I'll pick up where I left off yesterday. Three more to go. Borsalino Export Qualität Gran Lusso in grey, size 56.The colour is called Selenio (selenium) on the label. Triple stitched (zigzag pattern) brim at 6 cm and crown at 10,5cm in front. Lined with transparant covering of the crown patch (unsure about the material). Liner states Qualitá Superiore. Another one sold by A. Breiter of München. This one is a bit later (mid sixties or early seventies). Needs a wee bit of stretching to fit me more comfortably. It does have a shark gill bow though!

borsalino selenio_02.jpg
borsalino selenio_01.jpg
borsalino selenio_03.jpg
borsalino selenio_04.jpg
borsalino selenio_05.jpg
borsalino selenio_06.jpg
borsalino selenio_07.jpg
borsalino selenio_08.jpg
borsalino selenio_09.jpg
borsalino selenio_11.jpg

Almost there (wait for it, Karl). Borsalino Export Qualität Gran Lusso in blue, size 57.The colour is called Mirtillo (blueberry) on the label. Bound brim brim at only 4,8 cm and crown at 10,5cm in front. Lined with transparant covering of the crown patch (unsure about the material). Liner states Qualitá Superiore. Sold by Carl Sick of Bremen. This one is a bit later and because it has a date stamp we know exactly when: 15th of november, 1972. It's not my style hat I'll admit, so this will get sold on.

borsalino mirtillo export_02.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_01.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_03.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_04.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_05.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_06.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_07.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_08.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_09.jpg
borsalino mirtillo export_10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads