Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

This is a narrow ribbon fedora. Brim is 2 1/2" crown measured from brim to pinch is 4". The hat is a little lighter than the pics. I'm still playing with how to get the best photos, and I obviously not there yet. The color in the first couple of pics is pretty true.
dU3m7FY.jpg
XC1y1SH.jpg
DLgbgNv.jpg
t0TMJ9T.jpg
tu6uVvF.jpg
n3z8qUD.jpg
yUjLk1h.jpg
keQdVOb.jpg
w4NxhqW.jpg

The
MMabcxK.jpg
On the maker's tag where Borsalino gives the color it appears to read Dentesan 37 1/2. There's wrinkle in the tag so it may be Deintesan but that seem unusual. Any help is appreciated, as it any estimate as to the age. I would guess late 50s early 60s.
Nice Borsalino Richard. Love the brim stitching. The dimensions may have some clues to dating. All in all, a great hat.

lGUEsDC.jpg
I've been posting on the Brotherhood for a while but I've never posted any of my Borsos. I'll start with this homburg in Rutenio. The brim is 2 1/4" front and back and 2" sides and brim to pinch is 4 1/8". This light grey hat fits me in a 5 1/2/58 but with some Borsalinos I have to go to a 59. It's in amazing condition for a hat from Ebay. I'm guessing (really guessing) that this one is from the 50s because of the taped sweatband, the oilskin tip protector and the pleated liner. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
liIJsuk.jpg
Ho5Tow1.jpg
8fSfG1j.jpg
l2d3QuB.jpg
ykyYhvb.jpg
5W7NSTU.jpg
That is a fantastic looking homburg, Richard. Love it. Mid to late fifties or early sixties, judging by the label.

No head shot on this one. It too small, I bought it because I have never had my hands on a Nutria. It's an 4/55 though it has a second size tag under the sweat that lists it a 5. Black homburg, about 1 3/4" brim all around and a little less than 4" brim to pinch.
BCJaaSY.jpg
gHI7HOE.jpg
gHI7HOE.jpg
6myoUMd.jpg
wwHT8Cs.jpg
7MupXXS.jpg
IwOMtTP.jpg
jL33Mt9.jpg
CAgtYHJ.jpg
3jXXua0.jpg
8xeJz7W.jpg
Has the Eulan Beyar size tag and a size tag that probably puts it in the 50s or early 60s. The felt and trim on the outside is in excellent condition. The liner is in good shape but the stitching on the unreeded sweat has come loose in a couple of places.
EjdxzYx.jpg
Another nice one, Richard. You don't see Borsalino Nutria hats too often (I have only one in a sizeable collection of Borsalinos). Different size tags are more common, usually on the inside of the sweatband (indicating a sweatband for a larger size was used). Pity about the sweatband.

Nice Borsalino Richard. Love the brim stitching. The dimensions may have some clues to dating. All in all, a great hat.
And another beauty. You're doing well, Richard. Love the brim stitching on this one. Your estimate about the age is about as close as one can get with these Borsalinos: mid or late fifties to early sixties is spot on.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
lGUEsDC.jpg
I've been posting on the Brotherhood for a while but I've never posted any of my Borsos. I'll start with this homburg in Rutenio. The brim is 2 1/4" front and back and 2" sides and brim to pinch is 4 1/8". This light grey hat fits me in a 5 1/2/58 but with some Borsalinos I have to go to a 59. It's in amazing condition for a hat from Ebay. I'm guessing (really guessing) that this one is from the 50s because of the taped sweatband, the oilskin tip protector and the pleated liner. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the
This Borsalino "lobbia" is really beautiful with the contrasting ribbon on the "Rutenio" felts.
Very classic!

This is a narrow ribbon fedora. Brim is 2 1/2" crown measured from brim to pinch is 4". The hat is a little lighter than the pics. I'm still playing with how to get the best photos, and I obviously not there yet. The color in the first couple of pics is pretty true.
dU3m7FY.jpg
Richard, all the Italian hats producers made this type of hat with very similar details.
I had one, now in Manfred collection, made by Grosso&Valtz in Andorno Micca near Barbisio and Cervo facilities very similar in proportions and shape. Today in Meran I saw another Borsalino, different color, in the same shape. Very common here during the late fities and sixties.
You got some interesting Borsalinos. Bravo!

AbridgedPause

One of the Regulars
Are all Borsalinos really, really soft fur felt? I just reshaped my newly purchased Borsalino hat from the early 1980's and it seems like every time I pick it up, the felt deforms. I have to be super gentle with it. What do you guys do to keep your hats in shape?

Another fleamarket find. Modern Borsalino in size 6 1/2 or 60.
A light weight Quality with fabric sweatband.
ab11049c3ff22170df232997de916b5e.jpg

177472f64ce1e817b3e41393925b1448.jpg

0014cee529a545f17d3fe873a955c100.jpg

ee4e66b8fa7d202ba2dda42fb4f5749f.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
Nice find, Manfred. I actually had two similar ones: one in black and one in blue. Really nice lightweight hats and the fabric sweatband is quite comfortable. Kept the blue one and sold the black one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner