Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Well, these hairy things are not to my liking, but there's no arguing the quality.

Say, in your experience are these longhairs always Extra Extra or are they not necessarily?
I’m surprised @Plattso.
Have you held one of those hairy things by Borsalino in your hand before?
Have you struggled to get the light just right to see the amazing sheen or reflectance that is so hard to capture in an image?
If so i find it hard to relate, if not here’s some images to help.
B
6CCAA45C-FDDC-41E2-A749-9B245CC11A5C.jpeg

265440DC-3537-4B6E-8A3A-660EE2F92286.jpeg
073FB02D-12F1-4E02-A0B6-ED86F8E69DE6.jpeg
2DFC3F5A-8DD8-44BF-9071-F0863409B07F.jpeg
4EBC99B9-1D92-4417-9F08-5CC9EC24086B.jpeg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Planning to dabble in the world of new or vintage Borsalino but have some questions.

Which model is 'THE' Borsalino to add to a collection? Is it the Como?

Do they make 2'' brims? I find at 2'' it is the best combination for my stature.

Thank you in advance.
There is no 'THE' Borsalino. Just find the one(s) you like. Take your time and enjoy reading this thread from beginning to end for inspiration; if you haven't already done so.

Borsalino made all shapes and sizes. I have a couple with an almost 3" brim, for example.

If you're going to dabble, dabble vintage rather than new. You'll get more bang for the buck.

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
There is no 'THE' Borsalino. Just find the one(s) you like. Take your time and enjoy reading this thread from beginning to end for inspiration; if you haven't already done so.

Borsalino made all shapes and sizes. I have a couple with an almost 3" brim, for example.

If you're going to dabble, dabble vintage rather than new. You'll get more bang for the buck.
I have read plenty and admired many hats shown. I like all of them to be honest. LOL

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I don't really want to buy a modern hat due to price and collectors disliking the current quality but I really have my eye on The Bogart Cut 1.

It is a beauty and I hope there is a vintage equivalent out there.
There are many vintage Borsalinos similar to the "Bogart" produced in the very long life of the Alessandria house.
The "Bogart" released on the market a few years ago is an excellent hat.
I made a commitment about five years ago to go and see it in the shop in Venice, but the too many Borsalinos I have in my wardrobe dissuaded me from buying it

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
There are many vintage Borsalinos similar to the "Bogart" produced in the very long life of the Alessandria house.
The "Bogart" released on the market a few years ago is an excellent hat.
I made a commitment about five years ago to go and see it in the shop in Venice, but the too many Borsalinos I have in my wardrobe dissuaded me from buying it
Thanks for the info.

I think what I like about the Bogart is that it looks different compared to the modern lines. It stands out. I'm not sure because the crown looks taller and in the picture they creased it differently than your normal center crease and pinch.

Then again it looks like your typical Herbert Johnson Indiana Jones hat but in a different color (badass hats too). LOL

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
the crown looks taller and in the picture they creased it differently than your normal center crease and pinch.
You can shape the crown as you want with the Borsalino "Bogart" as for the 90 % of the same brand production
Then again it looks like your typical Herbert Johnson Indiana Jones hat but in a different color (badass hats too).
I don't think so, but every opinion is fair
My suggestion is to look at the vintage and used market. For sure you will find the right Borsalino for you

I am refurbishing a Borsalino western style with a full 3" brim and tall crown.

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
This Borsalino arrived today from California via Brent.

It's a very modern Borsa, and not of the quality of the Borsalinos of yore. However, the colour, style, and stitching on the crown appealed to me as soon as I saw it. It's not high quality, but it is unusual and perfect for Jazz concerts. I just had to have it in my collection.

The brim works both up or down in my humble opinion.

Thanks Brent.
032cdf128af7a33fd143815ec9786b7b.jpg
bc4ad0363b18f5ebac48fa0cac68facf.jpg
a5648fdd0292b89a078046c9d8c4f8f4.jpg
61e5512167e1267da084105bdb7105e3.jpg
d26f9dda5707dca30241185df03354ac.jpg
fedb12295d298951b7dffd1a667093cf.jpg
ee8c390e31c46db76a008d0d2e177fc5.jpg
0881027f1e9054b9e045b20bf64120a9.jpg
a0fe93b80050133550904cd5ce6e4bea.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
I like it.

Is it for with the stitching on the crown?

Plattso

New in Town
I’m surprised @Plattso.
Have you held one of those hairy things by Borsalino in your hand before?
Have you struggled to get the light just right to see the amazing sheen or reflectance that is so hard to capture in an image?
If so i find it hard to relate, if not here’s some images to help.
Thank you for the pictures. Held one?- No, I have not.
My appreciation for the vintage stuff is evolving.
Who knows what's next, but for now, these furry guys look like Blacksploitation comic mohair pimp hats.
No offense of any kind to anybody.
One thing I find dislikable is the modern pop culture fedora where the side concaves leading to the pinch
look like they're scooped out of plastic. With the brim all looking like a drill sergeant stiff and starched flat.
Unnatural and artificial. But, to each one's own I guess.
I used to think sake smelled like acetone and could not believe human beings actually drank it.
Now I could swim in it while reciting Shakespeare.

AC80

New in Town
Hi everyone. I picked up some nice vintage Borsalinos today. The condition on the homburgs are very very good. I’ve gone through a lot of this thread and I can’t find too many examples of this liner. These hats all belonged to a fellow Canadian. Does anyone have any info on the stamped sweatband logo:
“Minelli via cerretani 45 Firenze”? I assume it was a hat shop in Florence?

Hat 1-Mirtillo homburg- 1960s?

IMG_6964.jpg

IMG_6965.jpg

IMG_6966.jpg

IMG_6967.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6977.jpg
    IMG_6977.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6976.jpg
    IMG_6976.jpg