Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Breakfast Martini

Warbaby

One Too Many
I awoke this morning in a somewhat grumpy mood which was not enhanced by my discovery that I was out of coffee. Being a resourceful sort of gentleman and one who is not unwilling to adapt to a less than ideal situation, I decided that I needed a bit of mood adjustment and mixed myself a martini.

I must say that it improved my outlook on the day considerably and I highly recommend it to all those blessed with an adventuresome spirit...:D

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Warbaby said:
I awoke this morning in a somewhat grumpy mood which was not enhanced by my discovery that I was out of coffee. Being a resourceful sort of gentleman and one who is not unwilling to adapt to a less than ideal situation, I decided that I needed a bit of mood adjustment and mixed myself a martini.

I must say that it improved my outlook on the day considerably and I highly recommend it to all those blessed with an adventuresome spirit...:D

"Please tell me you added a couple of raw eggs to the shaker"

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alcohol in the morning gives me a bad headache and makes everything boring.

Once whilst traveling in Turkey, I had a beer and Doritos for breakfast. Then I went to the Gallipoli Museum. I was actually bored, which is entirely unlike me as I love all history. I blame it on the beer.

Once in a while I love a bloody Mary at breakfast, though.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"if you do, it is easier to skim off the fat globules later."

I love pork more than any other meat, but ... that ... is ... vomitacious.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Espresso Martini

I've been known to enjoy an Espresso Martini in the morning:

1 shot espresso
1 shot decent vodka
1 shot milk
1/2 shot simple syrup

Delicious. Hey... it's always noon somewhere, right?

Anj

docneg

One of the Regulars
Warbaby said:
I decided that I needed a bit of mood adjustment and mixed myself a martini.

I must say that it improved my outlook on the day considerably

Thank you! Now I know what to have for breakfast before that meeting with my accountant in the morning.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
E.B. White, back about 1937, wrote of reading some birdbrain magazine feature that recommended sillyass things to do to ward off the blues.

Following one such recommendation, White wrote, "I arose at 5 a.m. and mixed myself a Manhattan. It made the day."

And then, of course, we have the estimable H.L. Mencken:
9999004171-l.jpg

In case you can't read the inscription, it's "Breakfast in the Free State! - 1927."

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Ethan Bentley said:
How about a morning Bucks fizz.
We have a slightly odd Christmas day tradition (been going about 4 years now) to have a Margaritas upon waking.

Mr. Bentley, sir, how did the tradition of morning margaritas in honor of Father Christmas begin?

With bated breath, I await your reply...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn