Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
HEllo every gentelman here.I m freshman here,and im from China.
Now im living next door of Johnny(im kiddin),living in LA.
Hope ya ll had a great halloween.
Dont know how to insert pictures so far.........

Greetings wsan_hunter! Nice to see you here. Hope you find it as interesting and fun as I (we!) do.

Manfred, you dog, I was trying to see if anyone would be fooled! It is indeed. Glad you liked it, Johnny, that's high praise from you! Here's the interior, as long as you don't look too closely. Outside it's 1930's art deco wool, inside 1920's silk kimono liner and 1920's grosgrain band.

deco_newsboy-3.jpg

Tell you one thing, I ain't givin' up my day job. :)

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thanks, Esteban! I just finished pulling the ribbon back out and re-doing it, and it's much cleaner and stronger now. I'm also re-blocking it for a nicer form. Big big learning curve. I'll post new pix when it's looking ship-shape.

Keith

Last edited:
Great job on the cap Keith. It's a fantastic looking fabric too.

That's a pretty neat little piece of history you found, Baron Kurtz. Keith may be thinking little rascals, but I'm thinking Angus Young.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Manfred - I just won a Wigens cap on ebay (supposedly worn once by original owner) for a ridiculously low price. It was listed as new without tags, and it looks that way.

This City Sport arrived in this morning's mail. TJones if you're reading this - you were right. I think this City Sport looks pretty good on me. I may always prefer fedoras, but I like caps from time to time.

View attachment 5692

Andy, the City Sport looks absolutely great my friend! I knew you could pull it off with the right cap, and you pulled it off very well.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
+1, Andy!

Big thanks Dale, Manfred, Dane!

Nice post, Orvil! The background is an insane distraction from your fine clothing - incredible, all of it!

Resortes805, you are a lucky dog to have such a spectacular cap - good work, Cordova. I expect a noggin shot forthcoming!

Thanks so much, Johnny! I appreciate it. It gives me new and deeper respect for what you do so finely.

It is indeed my first *completed* cap. The other 8 dart that I showed a few weeks ago is on hold for my buckram and some spectacular 1920's moire grosgrain ribbon to show up. Will post as it finishes.

Encouragement from you and Barry goes a long way. I'm about to re-do this one already...

Keith

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183