Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hey Che, you've got the coolest kids ever (don't let mine read this) - the shot of your big guy on the steps is a classic. My seven year old son has recently expressed interest in wanting to wear a cap like ours, so there's hope yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hi & Thank You All for the Kind Comments , the boys are my Grandsons 2 of 5 grandkids total..
My GrandPa started me out as a tot so I carry on as I did with my own kids.

well here are Simonds Bespoke Brown Duck cotton together...
232323232%7Ffp543%3C%3B%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D368539645834%3Bnu0mrj

And a Combo pic, My cap was made by Al's Attire in San Francisco
232323232%7Ffp543%3C9%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D368539645%3A34%3Bnu0mrj

I like how Mocos cap has the Lift & rise effect of the cap body.

we have a lot of fun together,
They have quite the collection of caps mostly vintage but the Simonds are great & as I mentioned Adjustable for growth.
I enjoy posting these pics just wish my computer was working better...using my daughters for these posts...
its either More caps/hats or a new PC... headwear wins !:cool:
che

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
More great pics Che and more proof Moco is the boss! Tlaloc looks like the good kid here. Tip'o the cap to you all and Barry's caps too.

HatsWV

New in Town
Great caps Che, it's nice to see the tradition of hats being passed on.

This particular cap is an etsy cration by a user from the uk who goes by the screen name "moaning minnie."

It's wool and serves as one of my best grab and go casual caps.

image-2.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Nice one, HatsWV. Nothing like a cap that feels just right. Particularly for us blokes with extra skin on top.

I just got one of Baron Kurtz's 1930's French denim workwear caps yesterday, and I have to say, it is a total killer. Fits me like a glove. And the denim really doesn't need a snap in front because when you shift it on your head, it stays how you put it. This one is going to get seriously better with age. I can hardly believe it's 80 year old denim - it's pristine. Thanks, Pete!
IMG_0098.jpg IMG_0095.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
A lovely new cap, made by Etsy seller 'Bonniesknitting', using a spectacular vintage crepe wool, one of my favorite color arrangements I've ever seen. A bit more old-school width to the design than most new caps you see around.

I'm daydreaming of a Starflower cap in this fabric, Johnny! :)
IMG_0124.jpg IMG_0130.jpg IMG_0122.jpg

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Found this at the thrift for $5, its similar to the crowncaps I usually wear but not as large, no ear flaps, half leather sweat, no tag. Guess ill hold it for collection
20130829_020812.jpg

20130829_020909.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Nice lookin' five bucks, Pinesiw. I've never been lucky enough to find a cap in a thrift store - but I have yet to try!

Speaking of caps on the cheap, grabbed this little 6 5/8" cap (60s/'70s, I think) off eBay for pretty much shipping cost, and I wool-washed it and let it shrink to dry - and it fits my little 7-year-old Miles perfectly! He's thrilled he can sport a cap alongside dad now.
miles-cap.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy