Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
thanks cap makers !

1930.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Byron Cap

I'm not sure if this is from the 1920s or 30s, but I've noticed that those four leaf clover snaps are on the older caps. Does anyone have any info about those snaps? I would love to get my hands on some of those!

IMG_8924_zps737b946e.jpg

IMG_8922_zpsa906cbc9.jpg

IMG_8932_zps0ed54b28.jpg

IMG_8929_zpscb7cf829.jpg

IMG_8930_zps326eefd0.jpg

IMG_8931_zps3f03486e.jpg

IMG_8933_zps0c0714ac.jpg

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
Just received a new Simonds gray herringbone newsboy today. I bought a couple of his early models, when he was first starting out, which were very nice but Barry's current work is really fine. His stitching is perfect, the leather sweatband is soft and supple, and the bespoke liner is a nice touch. Will get a photo up as soon as I get a chance.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thanks HBK!
I was suprised at the price that I got it for on ebay. Not too many bidders and its a great tweed cap with the leather still soft a supple.

What a beauty, Johnny! I've got a few caps with that snap as well. I don't know anything about them, but I agree, they're cool. Besides the clover shape I love the larger rounded ball end with smaller base as well.

Sure looks 1920's, but the 'Hughes - Matthews' typography on the liner throws me... Everything else fits.

CPT.VSG, post a shot of your new Simonds in action if you can, we'd love to see it!

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hot off the kitchen table. My first 6 panel cap, which I really sweated out working out the pattern for. Several adjustments necessary, as always, but I'm pretty pleased. 1940's tweed, cotton drill lining, calfskin half-sweat (which is why the wrinkles were unavoidable, but damn it's soft), leather visor. 11" diameter.

6-panel-bluetweed-1.jpg 6-panel-bluetweed-2.jpg 6-panel-bluetweed-3.jpg 6-panel-bluetweed-4.jpg 6-panel-bluetweed-5.jpg 6-panel-bluetweed-6.jpg 6-panel-bluetweed-7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner