Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

...Do you guys who wear caps find people commenting? I rarely do...
Except for one friend who also likes flat caps, and a few friends and family members who probably only comment because they think it's polite to compliment whichever cap I'm wearing at that moment, no. And I can't recall ever having had a complete stranger comment either positively or negatively about any of my caps, unless I've first complimented them on whatever cap or hat they're wearing and they felt obligated to reciprocate.

Simonds

Vendor
I always get compliments from strangers about my caps I'm wearing. Outlet stores, restaurants, post office. I have been chased down on a few occasions by people asking where I got my cap or just to simply say they like it!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I always get compliments from strangers about my caps I'm wearing. Outlet stores, restaurants, post office. I have been chased down on a few occasions by people asking where I got my cap or just to simply say they like it!

When people stop you in the street, and you tell them you made the cap, do they ever order one from you?

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I thought I might have gotten a few of them off the lounge here last year, but I may be mistaken. Let me know where to post them all, and I'd be happy to oblige. They are some of the best period portraits I've seen. So atmospheric, and real, lived-in fashion.

Keith Lo Bue.
Jeweler, Artisan, Stuffsmith.
http://lobue-art.com
http://keithlobue.com

jhe888

One of the Regulars
People mention my caps more than they say anything about any of the hats I wear. Since this is Texas, and people still wear cowboy hats, hats may be less unusual to the eye here. The comments are invariably complimentary.

Simonds

Vendor
When people stop you in the street, and you tell them you made the cap, do they ever order one from you?

Yes I have sold a few around my parts. I was selling out of 2 local consignment stores also, but one since has closed their doors and the other location asked me to remove my caps because I turned down their request to make them from tiedye T-shirts.

DamianM

Vendor
Yes I have sold a few around my parts. I was selling out of 2 local consignment stores also, but one since has closed their doors and the other location asked me to remove my caps because I turned down their request to make them from tiedye T-shirts.

WOW. Well you where right to refuse that. but sucks that you got shown the door.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Wow, Barry, you did the right thing! The blessing and curse of selling local.

Richard, that is one wild and furry cap!! Looks seriously warm.

HatsWV

New in Town
My new Simonds six pleate cap made from Harris Tweed

photo-2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

The photos don't do the cap justice, it's one of those that has to be examined close up and worn to get the full effect.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy