Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Antique store pickup from up in New York. It has velvet lined earflaps. I'm thinking '20s or so, but I could be wrong
IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

Paul de Weerd

New in Town
Paul de Weerd said:
I found this thread so interesting that I started looking for a newsboy cap immediately! I bought this one on eBay.

I'll take a picture when it arrives.

Oh yeah, now I see it in your pictures hehe..
Can't wait though. I hope it looks good on my A-2 jacket. (everyone seems to have one on this forum?)

ukali1066

Practically Family
The great Gatsby review

Ok, here's the two ebay caps...Excuse the terrible face beneath them...

The dark brown one is 100% wool, it has a real quality feel to it and it's just what I was after, it reminds me of the cap Deniro wore in the Godfather II, it has a nice big 1900's style to it.

vito.jpg

Next up is this one, it reminds me of something Mr. Toad would wear to drive his car ;) it's a wool/acrylic mix, I was in two minds about this one when I first got it out of the packing, it was very big and "poofy" but after wetting and shaping as it dried on my head I really like it.

driver.jpg

I bend the peaks on my caps, it's an old habit from wearing baseball caps, I think it gives a more worn in vintage style to them.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
ukali1066 said:
Ok, here's the two ebay caps...Excuse the terrible face beneath them...

The dark brown one is 100% wool, it has a real quality feel to it and it's just what I was after, it reminds me of the cap Deniro wore in the Godfather II, it has a nice big 1900's style to it.

vito.jpg

Next up is this one, it reminds me of something Mr. Toad would wear to drive his car ;) it's a wool/acrylic mix, I was in two minds about this one when I first got it out of the packing, it was very big and "poofy" but after wetting and shaping as it dried on my head I really like it.

driver.jpg

I bend the peaks on my caps, it's an old habit from wearing baseball caps, I think it gives a more worn in vintage style to them.
Nice!! Is the first one the same brand as the one in your avatar?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Here's a vintage 8-panel I bought today. Decent condition, a few moth holes but nice overall.

DSCN0581.jpg

"Real Russian". Hope that's not what it's made of. :p
DSCN0578.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mike1973 said:
That's a great looking vintage cap Thunder! Is the sweatband leather as well?
Material looks cream, but in the close up a very fine herringbone? Very smart!

ukali, I'm catching you up in the beard stakes...

DSC02173-1.jpg

Indeed it is leather, in decent condition as well. It's a cream colored herringbone, very similar to your great looking cap in that picture!

Mike1973

A-List Customer
apipeguy said:
very nice cap thunder and mike. mike, who makes that cream colored one you are wearing?

Cheers apipeguy. It's vintage, I'm guessing '30's, but always difficult to pinpoint the age of these caps. Also it had lost it's lining. 'The Utican' stamped in the leather sweatband. I posted a few pics up when I bought it last year, do a search under Utican, you should find them.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mike-73...

If you haven't already, can you pop 'that' photo also into the Irvin thread, as the boys will love it!! Great reference material as ever!! (and I love that newsboy!!). Thanks!!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
How about a one piece eight panel?
IMG_4270.jpg

eight pleat one piece top
IMG_4279.jpg

Borsalino? Qualita Extra Superiore Firenze Italia Made expressly for Knickerbocker Shop 956 Market St. San Francisco
IMG_4276.jpg

Character Leather Kaf Kid
IMG_4274.jpg

neat button, on the side of the hat, where the brim meats the body
IMG_4277.jpg

blue bow
IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

old snap

Al

One of the Regulars
I'm joining...

... The Cap Faction.

Just purchased an Ivy Cap. Doria Gruppo Borsalino. Black 80/20 Wool/Kashmire blend. Gold Silk lined with matching 1' stitched grosgrain sweat band. It's a beauty!!, I am sooo pleased with it.

-Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy