Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cavanagh Club

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I think this Cav lightweight is from the same owner as @Michael R 's above. Early 1950s?

ca17c7bb52e347da577c7e11ed963308.jpg

Superb!

Well, it is a Cavanagh after all... My new modern-ish Cav "Lord's Hat" arrived today. It is probably from the 1970s based on the glued in liner and the fancy disco feather band. It does appear to be original to the hat, well stitched on. There are no tags at all under the sweat, but it is in good shape. Does not look like this one saw much wear (I wonder why...), I'll give it some love though.

12Dec17 Cavanagh Lords Hat front.jpg
12Dec17 Cavanagh Lords Hat side.jpg
12Dec17 Cavanagh Lords Hat curl.jpg
12Dec17 Cavanagh Lords Hat Liner.jpg

Well, it is a Cavanagh after all... My new modern-ish Cav "Lord's Hat" arrived today. It is probably from the 1970s based on the glued in liner and the fancy disco feather band. It does appear to be original to the hat, well stitched on. There are no tags at all under the sweat, but it is in good shape. Does not look like this one saw much wear (I wonder why...), I'll give it some love though.

View attachment 97810 View attachment 97811 View attachment 97812 View attachment 97813

I would strongly caution against wearing as is......I can see you being mobbed by pheasants or turkeys.;).......or even perhaps "street girls".:eek:
M:)

Nice lid there, Huggy Bear.

Seriously, it has a great shape. Love the brim curl. And you could always replace the 'ribbon' if you wanted to.
i have been thinking of what ribbon treatment this hat would look good with. I might have Mike Miller do a shark's gill in a wild color. Or maybe, just embrace the chicken! I assume these are not exotic bird feathers like a pheasant, maybe Rhode Island Red?

Cool hat Mike! I personally would pluck that chicken and put a beaded hat band on there, but that's just me.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
i have been thinking of what ribbon treatment this hat would look good with. I might have Mike Miller do a shark's gill in a wild color. Or maybe, just embrace the chicken! I assume these are not exotic bird feathers like a pheasant, maybe Rhode Island Red?

Maybe a conch band.

e&s@bar_hat crop_400x174.jpg

This is an old leather hat of mine. I added the conch bar over the built in black leather band sewn into the construction of the hat. The width of the leather band is only what you see passing through the center of the conch. The black under that is what came sewn into the hat.

On this hat, from more than a couple of steps away it looks like one piece. On you hat, however, I think it might look good, not to mention unique for a homburg.

View attachment 97810 View attachment 97811 View attachment 97812 View attachment 97813
Like I said in the other thread, Mike: I like it a lot. i can even see how you could come to like that feather ribbon too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner