Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE CHAMP (1931)

mike

Call Me a Cab
I just picked this up for $20! And how strange! :)

champ1.jpg=600

champ2.jpg=600

champ3.jpg=600

champ4.jpg=600

champ5.jpg=600

champ6.jpg=600

champ7.jpg=600

champ8.jpg=600

"ORIGINAL 1932 TYPED MANUSCRIPT FOR DIALOGUE RECORDING and STORY ADAPTATION - THE CHAMP - KING VIDOR PRODUCTION

This item is a 1932-era spiral bound notebook, measuring 8" x 11", with 40 pages of a hand-typed manuscript, illustrated with tipped-in b&w photos from the film, THE CHAMP. It is a treatment drafted for a Photoplay Publication based on the movie. There are pencilled-in editing and printing notes.

This item was purchased from a New England estate - it has the later handwritten name of Richard Ely on the titile page. Ely was a 1950s-70s bit actor and he might have been in the 1979 remake of The Champ, directed by Franco Zeffirelli.

The Champ is a 1931 movie that was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. It was written by Frances Marion, Leonard Praskins and Wanda Tuchock, and directed by King Vidor. The movie stars Wallace Beery (Andy "Champ" Purcell) and Jackie Cooper (Dink), and tells the story of a washed up alcoholic boxer who tries to put his life together for the sake of his young son. Beery won the Oscar for Best Actor and Marion for Original Screenplay.

This is a wonderful collectable movie item from the Golden Age of films."

mike

Call Me a Cab
One of King Vidor's best!

Feraud said:
That is such a cool item mike!

When I was still working in the Fox Archives, we often dealt with a lot of original material that had the same look to it: old typewriter font on yellowing paper involving original set blueprints and various paperwork.

The fact that it's the rough notes/original plan for the photoplay promotional tie-in, was just too oddball to pass up! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo