Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Claylike felt of a Dobbs Forty...

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
Snagged this Dobbs Forty a few years ago, and it was dirty, crumpled, stained, and the ribbon was an unatractive grungy yellow. But man was the form-able felt incredible! I sent it off to Art Fawcett, who reblocked it, cleaned it as best he was able, and replaced the sweatband, ribbon and liner.

On a side note, how would non-original sweat/ribbon/liner affect value? As I'm not terribly fond of light colored hats, I'm not sure it will stay in the collection.

Anyway, had some hats out today for some photography, and wanted to share. I'll link a video to the felt in motion too :)

Photo Sep 28, 4 44 39 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 28, 4 44 57 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 28, 4 45 15 PM.jpg

Also too bad if (as I would wager) a felted, or Cavanagh edge was trimmed off. That would probably (negatively) affect the value even more. The edge appears raw in the photos.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Snagged this Dobbs Forty a few years ago, and it was dirty, crumpled, stained, and the ribbon was an unatractive grungy yellow. But man was the form-able felt incredible! I sent it off to Art Fawcett, who reblocked it, cleaned it as best he was able, and replaced the sweatband, ribbon and liner.

On a side note, how would non-original sweat/ribbon/liner affect value? As I'm not terribly fond of light colored hats, I'm not sure it will stay in the collection.

Anyway, had some hats out today for some photography, and wanted to share. I'll link a video to the felt in motion too :)

View attachment 57395 View attachment 57396 View attachment 57397
nice vid

you should put it here

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/monster-bash-videos-show-us-how-you-bash.85436/

very nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael