Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Clint Eastwood Poncho

Harry Fabian

One of the Regulars
I wasn't sure where to post this as it's not a jacket, but I thought you guys might like a close up look at the Clint Eastwood "Man with No Name" Style Poncho.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While this post/video is about a repro, Eastwood himself (who continues to wear the poncho) just confirmed on Twitter that the actual poncho is reversible, with one olive side and one brown side.

Edward

Bartender
Cool. I believe this is the reference point for the one Norman Reedus wears in the Walking Dead, though obviously his isn't a copy of the Eastwood model.

1713213168000.png

There was an official merchandise version of this produced a few years ago - I bought one for the wife. A lighter acrylic rather than the heavy horseblanket the actual wardrobe item was made from, but that suits her (she runs hot blooded, rarely ever wears a coat). Not something I've ever seen in male wardrobe here in general wear, though I saw plenty of them in my scout days, work round various campfires. If I did more camping, I'd be tempted to pick one up myself, maybe one of the ones I've seen made from old army blankets, but with a hood added.

Aloysius

It's funny how for all these years fans had assumed it was green but brown on the outside from light exposure (even though my experience of such has been something fading lighter).

Edward

Bartender
It's funny how for all these years fans had assumed it was green but brown on the outside from light exposure (even though my experience of such has been something fading lighter).

Not entirely a mad notion ,though - I've seen plenty of green things sitting in direct sunlight over h=years have the green pigment fade out leaving it brown without necessarily getting much lighter.

Aloysius

Not entirely a mad notion ,though - I've seen plenty of green things sitting in direct sunlight over h=years have the green pigment fade out leaving it brown without necessarily getting much lighter.

But not getting darker, I’d think.

Edward

Bartender
But not getting darker, I’d think.

not when it's cloth, no - though I do still have a wooden car model my grandmother bought me years ago that started out with a green body. The body is now a dark brown as the wood didn't fade, but the green pigment disappeared sitting on my windowsill. I've seen cloth go a brown rather than green over time without getting *light* - but yeah, not going darker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner