Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

DOGMAN

One Too Many
One thing I do with my old eyes.When I sew I have bright daylight bulbs so I can see what the heck I'm doing.You did a great job with that ribbon and bow though.Good luck on the next try.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Harv, DOGMAN, RJR, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. I definitely need better lighting to work under. Both the ribbon and the bow looked the same color until I put the hat under a diiferent light. Then the difference was apparent. But I'll fix it this week end though. No biggie. Just frustrated over the time I put in it only to realize that after I finished, the bow and the ribbon were different colors! :eusa_doh: Yup. I definitely have the "old eyes" thing going on! :D When I sew ribbons on my hats I have wear two pairs of glasses. One pair is my regular glasses with bi-focals, and the other pair is strong reading glasses. My Optometrist told me that my years in Roofing and Construction caused my poor eyesight.

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Anyone have good ribbon storage advice. I find the dark cabinet difficult for the same reason. Maybe mounting LEDs would help, hmmm.

Terry, I thought it looked great.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John galt best lights for true color are full spectrum bulbs or ott lites.
Next best thing to going out doors in natural light.

bond

Here's one I just finished . Its dress beaver and was originally silver belly that I redyed and is now blue lavender color. Burgundy crown ribbon with silvery grey binding. Navy liner in silk.

Garrett

Late 1930's or Early 1940's Stetson 5X Clear Beaver

This was a 5X Clear Beaver that Josh refurbed for me to imitate this photo:

I think he did a great job!

Sweatbands that Josh found overseas:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
This was a 5X Clear Beaver that Josh refurbed for me to imitate this photo:

I think he did a great job!

I agree !
the hat received the full package treatment
I especially love the reverse taper & insane side dents, Ribbon is beautiful was it the original ?
Josh Outstanding blocking & resurrection you have the knack for the straight & tall crown treatment.:eusa_clap
che

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy