Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dark Knight (2008)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scotrace said:
Goes to a black page and asks for a password?
I don't wanna give too much away, but the password is the answer to a riddle. An 800# will appear on the screen after the clock runs out, if you call it you hear the riddle. My friend and I have been messing with this all day.
What it seems to be is The Joker trying to assemble an army, but what I think it really is clues about the hush hush appearance of the film makers at the Comic-Con! Talk about trying to create a buzz!

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
San Diego Comic Con

I believe it is part of a viral marketing campaign for the new Batman movie. I've spoken to a few people, and apparently some GPS coordinates were revealed as well as a time. The coordinates were across the street from the Con, and the time was earlier this morning.

Doh!

One Too Many
Now the link shows the first official teaser. I won't describe it but it's pretty good. Also, I'm becoming more confident that Heath Ledger will make a good Joker.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doh! said:
Now the link shows the first official teaser. I won't describe it but it's pretty good. Also, I'm becoming more confident that Heath Ledger will make a good Joker.
I'm loving that teaser!!!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Doh! said:
Oh man,. I think Heath would make a goood Dark Knight. Of course, I am biased and have the hots for Heath. <steps back into corner>

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
Doh! said:

I know what you mean. I have yet to see the teasers, but I was watching "10 Things I Hate About You" the other day and Ledger cracked a grin. I then remembered reading on the imdb site that he was to play the Joker and in that moment I could see a glimpse of it. I just wish they'd bring in Harleen Quinzell.

Doh!

One Too Many
That site went under a HUGE change!

I preferred the teaser, though.

And yeah, I'd love to see a live action version of Harley Quinn. Maybe it'll be a surprise in the movie.

Edward

Bartender
Tamamiko said:
I know what you mean. I have yet to see the teasers, but I was watching "10 Things I Hate About You" the other day and Ledger cracked a grin. I then remembered reading on the imdb site that he was to play the Joker and in that moment I could see a glimpse of it. I just wish they'd bring in Harleen Quinzell.

I'm hoping that that will be the third of the new films - the Harley story arc, from her arrvial to her murder would be a superb film in and of itself.

Edward

Bartender
Doh! said:
And yeah, I'd love to see a live action version of Harley Quinn. Maybe it'll be a surprise in the movie.

Maybe two?

CandyBoxVI029.jpg

lol

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
Maybe two?

CandyBoxVI029.jpg

lol

Fantastic! I'll take the one on the right. I'm actually in the process of making that costume for myself (among many other various and sundry unfinished projects). Not sure if it'll be this year or next, but I have plans to be Harley with my husband being the Joker and our child just dressing up as a clown.

Edward

Bartender
Tamamiko said:
Fantastic! I'll take the one on the right. I'm actually in the process of making that costume for myself (among many other various and sundry unfinished projects). Not sure if it'll be this year or next, but I have plans to be Harley with my husband being the Joker and our child just dressing up as a clown.

Alas they're both taken ladies.... on the left of the photo, the lovely Leanne has a nice young man of her own, and on the right is the divine Imelda May www.imeldamay.com / www.myspace.com/imeldamay1 who is very much a married lady. no Harley Quinn for this Joker! [huh] :p

I'm liking the look of Ledger a bit more now I see it in colour - last shot I saw was black and white and, eh, meh. Looking better now, though. I do hope that he's still as sharp a dresser as ever was.... I loathed what they did to him in "The Batman" cartoon....

BTW.... whysoserious.com just gets me a bunch of kids in Ledger makeup in what seems to be a mocked up "hire a clown" site. whysosurprised.com gives me the teaser trailer. [huh]

Earp

One of the Regulars
At last, a Batman movie project that finally does the franchise justice. Batman Begins was so good and I like what I've have seen of the next movie's Joker. Don't get me wrong, I thought Jack Nicholson was genius with his portrayal of the classic TV & movie interpretation of the Joker we grew up with. But with this new version? No more campy, cartoon villian -- this guy looks scary!!

It's a long wait for the sequel of a movie that came out in 2005 but it looks like it'll be worth it.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I liked Cesar Romero in the 60s, and Jack Nicolson in the 80s, but...

I'm one of those folks who believes that Mark Hamill's vocal performance as the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series (*) and its followup cartoon series is the DEFINITIVE take on the character. Heath Ledger is a good actor and a good choice for a contemporary blockbuster movie (my 14-year-old daughter is nuts over him), but he's gonna have to really work to impress me!

( * Hey, I liked Batman Begins a lot, I own the DVD, etc. But I still think that the early 1990s B:TAS cartoons tower over every other adaptation of Batman, merging all the different approaches to the character into 85 half-hours of deco-drenched goodness! The design work, scripts [let us not forget that Paul Dini created Harley Quinn in this series!], music, and vocal performances are uniformly brilliant... And note that I'm not ranting about these like somebody who saw them as an impressionable kid: I was in my late 30s when the series first ran. And having revisited it in detail it since I got the DVDs, I am, if anything, MORE impressed with it!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy