Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dark Knight (2008)

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i'm psyched...i have a feeling they killed Joker in this film since Ledger died...i think it would be for the best so they don't end up getting another actor to take his place like maggie in for kate holmes...
any talk about bringing back Scarecrow? he just disappeared in 'Begins'...
also, the mark hamill laugh is the best...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm psyched! I loved the first one, so I'm very anxious to see how Christian Bale does in this one. And I, for one, am rather glad they found a different actress to replace Katie Holmes. I just can't take her seriously as an actress anymore after her marriage to Tom Cruise.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Hope this isn't against the rules.

The 1st 6 min. of the movie.

www.traileraddict.com/clip/the-dark-knight/first-6-minutes

And a quote from Kevin Smith's blog (with some editing out of 'flavorful' words).

“Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that’s not an overstatement). It’s the “Godfather II” of comic book films and three times more earnest than “Batman Begins” (and was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn’t so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I’m not the first to suggest this, but he’ll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. This flick’s nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece.”

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kabuto said:
When writers start with "Without giving anything away....," they invariably give things away. Specifically, readers proceed to read much more carefully and between the lines than he otherwise would have. They assume that something more momentous than usual happens, so they start to look for the slightest evidence of it.

The best way to not give things away is to not give things away, not to say you're not going to give things away.
I'm on Dark Knight moratorium. My friend, however, has read every last article and review, and even the graphic novel on which the movie is mostly based, and now he knows the entire movie. Everything. We're seeing it together and I feel that I'll have a completely different experience than him.

Doh!

One Too Many
flat-top said:
I got my ticket for 12:01 AM on 7/17 to see The Dark Knight!!
Any other crazy fans out there doing this?

Not me.

However, in order to keep my nerd cred I am taking off work opening day and seeing it a high noon.

I've seen too much already, so other than TV commercials I'm swearing off coverage until a week from Friday.

Maguire

Practically Family
I'm looking forward to this movie and i agree that Mark Hamill's voice acting was great as joker.. its what i remember watching growing up anyway.

I do have one fear- heath ledger's death is going to make people watch this movie and scrutinize it in a way they wouldn't. i'm sure Heath Ledger's performance will be great, as it certainly looked great in the trailers. But what if it isn't? what if it is a let down or not so great? Well we'll still hear about it being amazing and great etc, praised far behind its worth perhaps. I just don't want that to be overblown, especially in light of the other performances, like that of Christian Bale which will undoubtedly be excellent as well.

and we'll also have to deal with far bigger crowds i believe than we would have had this not happened. I want to just be able to sit down and watch a movie, without thinking about what happened off the stage.

Ottens

New in Town
I'm positively excited about this one! The marketing campaign so far has been absolutely brilliant, and from what I can tell from the trailers, this will be the finest Batman film produced so far.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I've never been a comic book reader and I've never cared much for comic-based movies, but a couple of the modern ones have been fantastic. I loved Sin City (I know, I know, graphic novel - you nerd), and the last Bat-movie was great. If this one lives up to the hype and follows Bale's last performance, it should be the best movie of the Summer.

Feraud

Bartender
To be honest the trailers are not selling the film for me. Not sure what is going on but something feels "off".
I plan on seeing it in the theater.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
The initial reviews have been outstanding - though some say its a little long. Ledger's performance is getting Oscar buzz but that is more or less a reaction to his untimely death. Still I can't wait and I heard the IMAX version is even more spectacular because Nolan knows how to make the IMAX format work for the movie instead of it just being a gimmick.

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
For those super fans that live in the Boston MA area...
The "Bat Pod" will be at the Revere Showcase Cinemas tomorrow, from 11am to 3 in the afternoon. You'll be able to take pictures of it, and they'll be handing out advance tickets and things like that.

I'm assuming that it'll be doing this at other cinemas across the states, but can't find much about it.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just got back from the midnight show. Great movie. There's no way it could live up to the hype, but it does not disappoint. Heath Ledger's performance is really something else. It was hard for me to actually picture him while watching the Joker; it's like a different person entirely. Everyone else is top notch as well.
This is not a comic book movie really...more of a crime drama. It's thrilling, but not light hearted at all.
Good stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic