Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greaser Cat said:
Ok, here are the dumbest ones I've gotten...

1. I've had my black felt stingy brim fedoras compared to those crappy cloth trilbies you you get at Target.

2. As I mentioned in another thread, I've been compared to ska kids.

3. And, finally, I just heard the dumbest comment in the world the other day. I was wearing my Bailey of Hollywood "Tino" fedora, and talking to some 21 year old kid. He outright told me he owned a hat that was better than mine. So I asked him, "Is that so?" He then proceeded to describe this hat as being from the Grim Reaper brand (?) and said that it was pinstriped, like "mobster style" hat. By this point, I'm wanting to vomit all over him, but I still had to be polite. So, as nicely as I could, I informed him that an old school mobster would never wear a pinstriped hat. A pinstriped suit? Yes. Pinstriped hat? No. He stumbled over his words after that and I ended up walking away.

"Yeah sure kid. Your hat is better----for a cow's head more than a human one." :rolleyes:

I have no idea who the ska kids are so I can't make fun of them. ;) :p

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Personally, I don't take that much offense, after all, I've sort of been asking for it when I ordered that brown Akubra Federation IV. Not to mention, my bash is similar to the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull fedora. lol

However, I do get the occasional Indiana Jones comment from my siblings and other family members. Most of the time, it's just compliments though.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I know this isn't necessarily hat related, but for my first day back on campus (first day of Spring 2010 semester), I wore a green-ish tweed sport coat, and light brown corduroy pants, with leather shoes, a pale blue shirt with black pin-stripes, a black tie with a subtle pattern (a modern one, for that matter), and I geled my hair appropriately. Well, apparently, one guy, as I was passing by, was making a comment to his friends, "Hey look guys, that's Pee-Wee Herman," or something along those lines. I'm not too offended, I can take flak, but good Lord. I don't think I resembled Pee Wee, especially not with that color combo... lol

Just so you know, he was the type of guy there that was wearing a sweatshirt, flat-bill ballcap, and loose jeans or shorts (forgot which). He seemed to be something of a modern hipster or "gangsta", so to speak.

Maybe next time I'll actually bring along a fedora, I didn't wear one today though... I usually alternate between going with a hat, and going hatless, though gradually I have been wearing a fedora more and more often.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
"Hey look! Its Markie Mark!" ;) :p You can also use Emenem if that isn't low enough. ;)

Lol, only problem with your comeback is, he was Hispanic (Mexican I think). Anyway, that's ignorance for ya... college kids thinking another guy in a tweed sport coat with contrasting pants is Pee Wee Herman...

I'm not racist or anything either, just wanted to point out his ethnicity in comparison to your comeback. ;)

J B said:
Lol, only problem with your comeback is, he was Hispanic (Mexican I think). Anyway, that's ignorance for ya... college kids thinking another guy in a tweed sport coat with contrasting pants is Pee Wee Herman...

I'm not racist or anything either, just wanted to point out his ethnicity in comparison to your comeback. ;)

That's ok. You aren't Pee Wee Herman either. It fits him more than Pee Wee does you. :p

Greaser Cat

New in Town
J B said:
Just so you know, he was the type of guy there that was wearing a sweatshirt, flat-bill ballcap, and loose jeans or shorts (forgot which). He seemed to be something of a modern hipster or "gangsta", so to speak.

Do you live over in the OC or IE? They call those bros.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Well, very close to the O.C. But "Bros?" Never heard that one before, but I guess I'm not very hip either, just an old fashioned, conservative gentleman.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Today, I was called "cowboy head" by two 4 or so year old girls. They were out shopping with mom and kept peeking around the corner at me giggling and pointing. :p lol

I had to quickly leave the area to keep from laughing out loud. They were young and "uneducated" enough to get away with it. ;)

Randy

The Good

Call Me a Cab
theinterchange said:
Today, I was called "cowboy head" by two 4 or so year old girls. They were out shopping with mom and kept peeking around the corner at me giggling and pointing. :p lol

I had to quickly leave the area to keep from laughing out loud. They were young and "uneducated" enough to get away with it. ;)

Randy

That's actually pretty funny. Heh, I almost burst out laughing at my own "Pee Wee" comment today... it was so unexpected. lol

They figured I wasn't listening and just strolling by, but I heard every word of it too.

I don't usually wear a sport coat very often, but I wore it because today was the first day of the semester and all. To put things in perspective, it's interesting that I was the only student there with a tie on.

Greaser Cat

New in Town
J B said:
Well, very close to the O.C. But "Bros?" Never heard that one before, but I guess I'm not very hip either, just an old fashioned, conservative gentleman.

Wow... but a bro is one of those idiots with the flat billed baseball cap, loose clothes, and lifted pickup trucks.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Greaser Cat said:
Wow... but a bro is one of those idiots with the flat billed baseball cap, loose clothes, and lifted pickup trucks.

The appropriate term is D-bag as I believe it (that's an abbreviation).

theinterchange

One Too Many
Jerekson said:
The appropriate term is D-bag as I believe it (that's an abbreviation).

That term would be more accurate, though they come in different flavors or varieties depending upon where in the country/world you are. Here in Orlando, I can think of no less than 3 varieties. lol

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn