Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Last time I was there I was about 10. It was fun, but even then I was astounded at the prices. However, I do think that as a parent in the future I'm going to have to take my kids there. One of those cultural touchstones I guess.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Disneyland isn't that bad to me. Last year, my family got a year-round pass thing, and we ended up going a total of ten or so times that year. It got pretty routine and repetitive after a while though, but I always enjoyed the Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean rides most. The others ranged from amusing to not that great.

Jerekson said:
As a rule of thumb, I boycott Disneyland on moral grounds of corporation evil. However, I get dragged to the place about once a year (and the word dragged takes on quite a literal meaning after a time, trust me). It's fun and all, but really...it's not worth the hype. I have a much better time at Knott's, and even Seaworld for Pete's sake.

It should be noted that the line attendents on the Indiana Jones ride do wear the DP hats.

It is not worth the hype. I have a much better time at Knott's as well. It is also half the price of Robberyland. :rolleyes: Dragged sounds about the same for me. :rolleyes: :p
Line attendents eh? Goes to show you how much I like to stand in line forever for rides I guess. I never saw them. :p

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I was walking down the street today dressed like this, and passed a guy at a bus stop who gave me a horrified look, and shouted "WHAT a fruit! That's dis-GUS-ting!" He may have carried on, but as usual with such comments I completely ignored him and walked on. Certainly the rudest comment I've gotten in a while. I didn't much care for his polyester track suit, but at least I kept it to myself.

Once there were 2 main classes of people High Class and Low Class. Low class people may not have understood a lot of societal rules but they did abide by some and occasionally advanced their values moving up the class ladder.

Today Low Class has shrunk and "NO CLASS" has gained in numbers.
The No Class are distinguished by not only a lack of class but a disdain for any representaion of class and tend to, in most circumstances, be a rebelion against any imposition of standards. :eusa_doh:

John in Covina said:
Once there were 2 main classes of people High Class and Low Class. Low class people may not have understood a lot of societal rules but they did abide by some and occasionally advanced their values moving up the class ladder.

The No Class are distinguished by not only a lack of class but a disdain for any representaion of class and tend to, in most circumstances, be a rebelion against any imposition of standards. :eusa_doh:

Standards? You would have to define standards to a jerk like the one mentioned above. :rolleyes:

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Nick D said:
.... a guy at a bus stop ... gave me a horrified look, and shouted "WHAT a fruit! That's dis-GUS-ting!"

DSC04502.jpg

My guess is that he was focusing more on the waxed and curled moustache than on the overcoat and fedora.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
My guess is that he was focusing more on the waxed and curled moustache than on the overcoat and fedora.

Agreed, though I wonder if I would have stuck out as much and been as noticeable in the first place without the big black coat and hat. Also, the "fruit" comment was probably in relation to the whole look. I've been called "swish" behind my back before with a similar outfit but without the overcoat.

I understand that a handlebar is not to everyone's taste, some people don't like any kind of facial hair, but I like it, my wife likes it, and my son likes pulling on it.

Artie

Suspended
To my overly jingoist xenophobic ugly American sensibilities you look like the quintessential Englishmen, not that there's anything wrong with that.;)

Nick D said:
Agreed, though I wonder if I would have stuck out as much and been as noticeable in the first place without the big black coat and hat. Also, the "fruit" comment was probably in relation to the whole look. I've been called "swish" behind my back before with a similar outfit but without the overcoat.

I understand that a handlebar is not to everyone's taste, some people don't like any kind of facial hair, but I like it, my wife likes it, and my son likes pulling on it.

It makes no differnce to me. The guy was being a jackass if you had a moustache or a monobrow along with your ensemble.
It definitely qualifies as one of the Dumbest Comments. :rolleyes: ;)

theinterchange

One Too Many
John in Covina said:

I was thinking about something very similar to that standing in line at the grocery store today, looking out at a sea of pajama wearing, flip-flop with socks clones, listening to people talk about Tiger Woods on their cell phones.

Randy

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
Nick D said:
I was walking down the street today dressed like this, and passed a guy at a bus stop who gave me a horrified look, and shouted "WHAT a fruit! That's dis-GUS-ting!" He may have carried on, but as usual with such comments I completely ignored him and walked on. Certainly the rudest comment I've gotten in a while. I didn't much care for his polyester track suit, but at least I kept it to myself.

What is disgusting is the man's comportment. Perhaps someone at the bus stop was brave enough to tell him the error of his ways, and also a fashionista to ridicule his track suit.

Artie

Suspended
Look at the world today, vulgarity and crass behavior is the rule not the exception. This last summer twice in one day I had people remark how nice I was dressed while wearing a Hawaiian shirt a pair of khakis and a fifties coconut straw. The first person was genuinely being complimentary but the second goes ohhh faaanccccy in this snide tone as I walked by.

Pompidou

One Too Many
Tonight I was told I look like Frosty the Snowman. was wearing my new black porkpie and pretty much all black - black slacks, black socks, black dress shoes, and a black button down shirt. I'm also skinny. Clearly, the resemblance is uncanny. I preferred being referred to as Sammy Davis Jr.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Pompidou said:
Tonight I was told I look like Frosty the Snowman. was wearing my new black porkpie and pretty much all black - black slacks, black socks, black dress shoes, and a black button down shirt. I'm also skinny. Clearly, the resemblance is uncanny. I preferred being referred to as Sammy Davis Jr.

Uh, Frosty the Snowman? Did it happen to be snowing outside too? How old was this person? Some of these comments are so bad, they're almost funny. I know I'd laugh my gut out if someone called me Frosty the Snowman while wearing just a porkpie and black clothes. Then again, maybe he or she was just trying to be "cute" or playful, or whatever.

Pompidou

One Too Many
J B said:
Uh, Frosty the Snowman? Did it happen to be snowing outside too? How old was this person? Some of these comments are so bad, they're almost funny. I know I'd laugh my gut out if someone called me Frosty the Snowman while wearing just a porkpie and black clothes. Then again, maybe he or she was just trying to be "cute" or playful, or whatever.

*A middle aged (40-50? bar-hog walks over drunk and stumbles into me* "I've gotta ask you something," she says. "Do you have a rabbit?"

*Blank stare* "What?"

"Because you look just like Frosty the Snowman."

"You don't say... Well, thanks for being original. I'd rather hear that than Inspector Gadget or Indiana Jones."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn