Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The eternal question

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Well, maybe not eternal, but nagging (or is it quizzical?) nonetheless. Why does it seem that all traffic reporters on TV and radio are all named Pat?

Do the ones on tv look like this:

Pat.jpg

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Because they are not allowed anymore to hang around with Mat.
That is prototypical Central European humor. My friends at work would be busting a gut. I find it mildly amusing, but don’t quite get the hilarity of it. Hmmm.

Do the ones on tv look like this:

You beat me to it. But, unless I miss my guess, that old comedy routine is no longer politically correct. And I get it that it is not funny to make people sweat about who they are. I know a Pat or two, and I love them for who they are. My eternal question would be: why didn’t I choose to become a TV Weather person? My university (UCLA) actually had a school for tv weather personalities. What a sweet life that would have been. Ah, the road not taken.

Well, maybe not eternal, but nagging (or is it quizzical?) nonetheless. Why does it seem that all traffic reporters on TV and radio are all named Pat?
Maybe for the same arbitrary reason that the call letters for radio and television stations in the U.S. start with a "K" west of the Mississippi river and a "W" east of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou