Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The future of style.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
Remember last season... buy a jacket for your jacket... this is just the next step. It incorporates the other jacket into the jacket.

Actually , last season there were some designers like MichaelKors who integrated part of a hoodie into a jacket in the same way. So it looked like you were wearing a jacket over a zip up hooded sweatshirt. A hipster look for last fall.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
She really wanted a pic in this ensemble
1415928704_d7aea9d6cd.jpg

The white formal jacket used in StarTrekNemesis. Selling at the Trek Exhibit in the Vegas Hilton. Elvis woudlve liked it!
Not the best repro...and even the originals made the trek officers look like waiters.

Feraud

Bartender
MrBern said:
Actually , last season there were some designers like MichaelKors who integrated part of a hoodie into a jacket in the same way. So it looked like you were wearing a jacket over a zip up hooded sweatshirt. A hipster look for last fall.
I remember that look. They were also selling the layered t-shirt w/long sleeve underneath. It was only one piece of clothing.
A true no-brainer one stop fashion purchase.

Jovan

Suspended
MrBern said:
She really wanted a pic in this ensemble
1415928704_d7aea9d6cd.jpg

The white formal jacket used in StarTrekNemesis. Selling at the Trek Exhibit in the Vegas Hilton. Elvis woudlve liked it!
Not the best repro...and even the originals made the trek officers look like waiters.
To be fair, so did the original mess jackets those were based on. :) Looks pretty low quality -- I bet the shirt is part of the whole thing instead of a separate piece like it should be.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Yes, just as in the previous "fashionable" jacket in a jacket , this federation dressjkt over a tunic is a single piece.
Its pretty disappointing how rediculous the prices are in the vegas shop. Very poor execution. And now the TOS tunics for sale are jsut long sleeved Ts.
But its still fun to go there for a blue romulan ale.
1420792248_ca3a9de97c.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
So... how did that Romulian Ale taste?

Theres no reason why it shouldnt be legalized in this Quadrant!
;)

Great. Its a nice italian import on tap. I believe the bottled stuff they sell at the at their E-store is cheap south american brew that turns your teeth blue.
Lots of great food in Vegas....unlike the QM.

Last time i was there it was dyed Warsteiner. Ever had At Patrick's Day Green Beer? That's dyed green this is dyed blue and they just got a little heavy handed with the dye this time!

Some of their mixed drinks at Quarks bar are killer.

carter

I'll Lock Up
BIG hair, bell bottoms, paisley shirts ! :eek: :D :p

What's not to like? [huh]

It was GREAT while it lasted ! :D :D :D

And those were just 1/2 the clothes I wore in the 70's.

The others were much more subdued.

Jovan

Suspended
It does seem to me that decades are remembered for their most exposed fashions. The '70s having many movies depicting those bright clothes and big hair, and the '50s showing much more subdued and conservative dress most of the time, and so on and so forth.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
The 1950’s had some bright colors, more pastels were used in design and clothes but, I recall seeing some amazing rich colors. Watch the movie “Pleasant Ville” and you’ll see some amazing true 50’s fashion.

The 1970’s stood out more because they were horrible colors paired with uglier colors… such as the most un attractive shades of brown, yellow, orange and bright green plaid sport coats with tomato juice red corduroys!lol

FM~

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shearer said:
Doesn't anyone else think this would be awfully hard to wrestle off whilst drunk? :D What? Like that's not your number one concern when buying clothes! ;)

Wrestled off by the wearer or by their companion?

Either way, I like the way you think. ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Forgottten Man
The 1970’s stood out more because they were horrible colors paired with uglier colors… such as the most un attractive shades of brown, yellow, orange and bright green plaid sport coats with tomato juice red corduroys!

:eek: HEY! I resemble that remark. :D

Well, actually, I don't. Those were the preppy Collegiate folks.

We longhairs were more into USN button-fly bell bottoms, surplus field jackets or peacoats, paisley shirts with HUGE collars, and big floppy hats.
I had a pair of navy blue bell bottoms with a double red stripe for the odd formal event.

We were stylin'! :D

No way were we going to dress like our 'square' parents and grandparents.

Some things have staying power. Some don't. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran