Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Godfather's hats?

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It may have been easier to find true vintage pieces in the 70s than it is now. But of course many costumers don't actually care for authencity. Not in the 70s and certainly not now.

Edward

Bartender
It may have been easier to find true vintage pieces in the 70s than it is now. But of course many costumers don't actually care for authencity. Not in the 70s and certainly not now.

I think it's been getting markedly better in the last fifteen years or so. Far from perfect, yeah.... but it took the real experts on here to pick apart the incorrect details in the latest film take on Gatsby, whereas the average secondary school production of Bugsy Malone has better period wardrobe now than the diaboloical Robert Redford and his run as James Gatz....

fashion frank

One Too Many
Love My Homburg's

In the film The Godfather, Marlon Brando wears two different fedoras/hats:

There's this hat, which he wears while still powerful and healthy as Don, in 1945 in the film:
BE021678.jpg

When I wear my Homburgs ,every once in awhile I'll get a commemt to the effect of ,"are you in the Mob" or "are you connected" etc.etc. and it makes me laugh !

I wear Homburgs more often than not.

All the Best,Fashion Frank

Holy Homburgs, Frank!! Great line up of beautiful lids and always perfectly turned out, my friend. I hope the GAVE you a meal at Wise Guys, just for dressing up the place! You deserve it.

messy merv

New in Town
The famous hat is the one he wears in the scene that he gets shot. That hat is a Stetson homburg. I believe it was custom made just for this movie but I am not 100% correct. Some websites call it a fedora, but it is indeed a homburg.

messy merv

New in Town
The famous hat is the one he wears in the scene that he gets shot. That hat is a Stetson homburg. I believe it was custom made just for this movie but I am not 100% correct. Some websites call it a fedora, but it is indeed a homburg.

It also sold at auction for $100,000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo