Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Gatsby - Remake in the Works

Albert.Tatlock

Familiar Face
Yeah.... it was bad, mostly because of Redford.

I must say that personally I though Mr Redford perfect for the Role of Jay Gatsby, he played a person unsure of himself, and socially out of his depth amongst the rich ,Long Island Set at play, not even able to enjoy his own parties?, probably fearing making a social Gaff and exposing himself. Im not looking forward to two hours of relentless "Rock music video type Bosch" will watch it on DVD with the sound off and a soundtrack of my own design and watch it with "Captions" enabled, so much nicer.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I was pretty excited to hear that there was going to be a new "Gatsby" this spring. That is, until now. I just finished reading though this entire thread, and now I'm in a muddle. Not really sure if I want to see it or not.

1.) The music is going to suck.
2.) I have not actually seen MOULIN ROUGE, but I walked out of ROMEO & JULIET. So what does that say about how much I am going to enjoy this one? Not much.
3.) Cannot take, at all, to Carey Mulligan. She has never convinced me. Of anything. Ever.

however.....

1.) Leonardo Di Caprio does convince me, everytime.
2.) I will probably enjoy the costumes, even if they are not 100 % correct.

I am certainly not going to base my decision on the trailer . I learned long ago what a mistake that can be.

I have been quite amused by the complaints of the 3D factor. I have never seen 3D. Not because I'm against it, but because my eyes do not work together in the right way to be able to see 3D. It took me a long time as a kid to figure out that other people could see stuff through those goofy glasses that I couldn't.lol

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I just watched the trailer, and must say that the picture looks to be simply splendid!

Don't care much for the piano. A nice orchestral score is a must with a big picture such as this.

[video=youtube_share;Asajgm-ciWA]http://youtu.be/Asajgm-ciWA[/video]

Even so, I would really very much like to see this picture. Too bad that I never will.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I must say that personally I though Mr Redford perfect for the Role of Jay Gatsby, he played a person unsure of himself, and socially out of his depth amongst the rich ,Long Island Set at play, not even able to enjoy his own parties?, probably fearing making a social Gaff and exposing himself. Im not looking forward to two hours of relentless "Rock music video type Bosch" will watch it on DVD with the sound off and a soundtrack of my own design and watch it with "Captions" enabled, so much nicer.

I believe it goes well with Dark side of the moon by Pink Floyd.

Or is that the Wizard of Oz?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
greatgatsby-poster-dicaprio.jpg

greatgatsby-poster-isla-fisher.jpg

greatgatsby-poster-tobey-maguire.jpg

great-gatsby-poster-mulligan.jpg

greatgatsby-poster-joel-edgerton.jpg

greatgatsby-poster-elizabeth-debicki.jpg

New posters

Edward

Bartender
I'm horrified at having to sit through a soundtrack of rock/rap

I'm more horrified by the presence of that ghastly Beyonce woman. I am hoping someone does a "Phantom Edit" on this and rips up Luhrman's signature 'modern pop before its time' schtick. Still, hopefully the casting will outweigh that. Hopefully. Plus side: no Robert Redford. Hurrah!

I'm more horrified by the presence of that ghastly Beyonce woman. I am hoping someone does a "Phantom Edit" on this and rips up Luhrman's signature 'modern pop before its time' schtick. Still, hopefully the casting will outweigh that. Hopefully. Plus side: no Robert Redford. Hurrah!
Beyonce can't go away fast enough for me.

Albert.Tatlock

Familiar Face
Im sure that as it was filmed in Sydney Australia there will be many familiar faces from those awful imported Soaps, i wouldn't be surprised if "Toady" turns up in some scene or another, & Kylie Minogue performs at one of Jay's parties?

Edward

Bartender
Im sure that as it was filmed in Sydney Australia there will be many familiar faces from those awful imported Soaps, i wouldn't be surprised if "Toady" turns up in some scene or another, & Kylie Minogue performs at one of Jay's parties?

High chance, given Kylie's cameo in Moulin Rouge (mercifully, she didn't sing in that) that she could turn up. Let's hope not though, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav