Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Hornet movie Fedora

cptjeff

Practically Family
Jauntyone said:
Stingies are meant to sit a bit higher; I think GH's hat sits especially high so as to accomodate his mask.
The hat the new guy is wearing has too low a crown, I think. Plus he's ugly and his wardrobe dresses him funny!:D
Mostly personal preference though. I prefer hats much more like the new guy is wearing, stingy with a low crown. Being a short guy, I look silly in anything halfway tall.

Van William's is too small. Stingies or not, hats aren't made to sit that high.

High Pockets

Practically Family
cptjeff said:
Mostly personal preference though. I prefer hats much more like the new guy is wearing, stingy with a low crown. Being a short guy, I look silly in anything halfway tall.

Van William's is too small. Stingies or not, hats aren't made to sit that high.

:) I'm not so sure,......

greenhornet0.jpg

He does have small ears, though.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
cptjeff said:
Mostly personal preference though. I prefer hats much more like the new guy is wearing, stingy with a low crown.

:eek: How dare you prefer something I don't like?lol
It's true that GH's hat is sitting pretty high:
PDVD_028.jpg

PDVD_012.jpg

PDVD_027.jpg

PDVD_030.jpg

But I think it looks pretty good like that! In the past, shorter men were advised to wear hats with tall crowns and narrow-ish brims to accentuate the vertical lines of their stature; think James Cagney.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Yeah, I've tried that. It comes off looking like I'm trying too hard. Perhaps with a longer brim it could work, or a homburg like I see Cagney wearing in some photos. I guess those things to try once I have money.

On another note, shape aside I love the color of that hat. That's a beautiful green.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
It appears to me, in every photo, that in order to accomodate the desired back to front downward swoop that would still work with the mask, the hat needed to be perched fairly high on the head.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I'm already building myself up for the big let down of this remake...:( :mad:
However...those pics from the what will be the new movie look like test shots...Hopefully they'll have enough sense to put them in better outfits...but then again they chose Seth Rogan...lol :eek: lol

Edward

Bartender
Seems to me a matter of pure personal preference, how high the hat is worn. Within reason, of course... I agree that the mask has to be accomodated, but also - in the original photo above, look t the angle the hat is ssat at too - it'll be much nearer the ear on the other side. (I tend to wear a hat an an angle like that too).

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Edward said:
Seems to me a matter of pure personal preference, how high the hat is worn. Within reason, of course... I agree that the mask has to be accomodated, but also - in the original photo above, look t the angle the hat is ssat at too - it'll be much nearer the ear on the other side. (I tend to wear a hat an an angle like that too).

I think you're right; the hat does sit high, but also it's been cocked to one side, perhaps to give a certain attitude to the wearer. I like to wear hats like this as well, but it doesn't work if the hat is (relatively) too big.

m000m000

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
The Green Honet's hat looks like a 50's-60's style stingy, with a c-crown. Typical proportions. I would dare to say it seems to have a velvet finish.

furryborso.jpg

60ies velour Borsalino.

hulkamad

Familiar Face
Colby Jack said:
I'm already building myself up for the big let down of this remake...:( :mad:
However...those pics from the what will be the new movie look like test shots...Hopefully they'll have enough sense to put them in better outfits...but then again they chose Seth Rogan...lol :eek: lol

Yes, these are indeed test shots. I forgot to clarify that in my original post. In one of the pictures you can see the stunt doubles in the background just chillin'....

green_hornet7.jpg

"Green Fedora"

New in Town
"The Green Hornet"Fedora Hat

The fedora hat has always been a favorite of mine,I have seen it in many old crime drama movies and gangster films,but my favorite fedora is "The Green Hornet"fedora hat,it always had that extra special amount of style,class,and looked so cool in that certain green color! I still think Seth Rogen is "ALL WRONG"for the "Green Hornet"role,he is ugly,not an experienced actor,and not an action actor.Sony,and THE GREEN HORNET,INC.[the copyright holder],have made a terrible casting choice,and should either instead give Rogen a supporting role,or fire him,replacing him with a good looking,tall,strong,actor that can handle both good acting drama scenes,as well as action scenes.If the new 2010 movie turns out to be a comedy,the "Green Hornet"franchise is dead,and there may not be a re-boot movie for a very long time,if at all.We must all contact Sony and THE GREEN HORNET,INC.,before this movie,which is now in production,goes too far,and is a failure at the box office in late 2010.:rage:

Pilgrim

One Too Many
After his having made a number of stoner movies, I just can't imagine Seth Rogan in this role. He doesn't have the persona...I can't imagine any credibility.

At the least, they'd have to:
- Put him through a six-month workout regimen to buff up
- Cut his hair from the "short 'fro" down to a bit more than a flattop
- Gave him a close shave

And even then, people would stay away in droves.

When Alec Baldwin made the The Shadow in 1994, I thought he did a credible job - but his screen history and persona were completely different.

"Green Fedora"

New in Town
Leading Men,"The Green Hornet"[2010 movie]

:) Alec Baldwin,was,is,a leading man actor who can play both drama,act,and do action too,that is why he was picked to play "The Shadow"in that 90's big-screen movie.Many actors were,still are,leading men that can both act,and play action,like Harrison Ford,Bruce Willis,Sylvester Stallone,Clive Owen,Daniel Craig,Pierce Brosnan,Timothy Dalton.Seth Rogen never,ever,entered my mind at all,in the least,as far as that particular category of actor is concerned.Rogen has no dramatic acting experience,has never done an action/adventure movie,is not fit, or strong enough,is not very tall, to handle such a film role,is lacking the handsome good looks,always needs a close shave and bath,he is a hideous,terrible,aweful,extremely miscast,extremely poor choice,to play the 2010 big screen movie "Green Hornet",let's face the truth here.Seth Rogen has always done comedies,and,unfortunately,"The Green Hornet"movie of 2010 is going to be no differant,it will be a lame comedy with un-funny jokes,juvenile humor,dumb,silly,sight gags,and will sink very quickly at the box office,drown,die,fail,making a re-boot by Hollywood very unlikely in the future,if at all.What were,are, Sony,THE GREEN HORNET,INC.,thinking,that this would bea successful box office blockbuster?!Please,wake up already and look at what a disaster this movie is going to be,before it is too late!:rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy