Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Grizzly"

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
WhiskeyTangoFox said:
That was a great buy! I've been checking out that jacket at Lost Worlds' website for a long time but the price is a little steep for me.

How do you find the overall fit of the jacket?

Noel

I don't have it yet. I also have an Aero hair-on-hide Grizzly...it's top-notch.

jon z

One of the Regulars
If...

DoubleXX said:
I'll be selling one of them in the fall Matty...I don't really need two. Have to see which one fits me better first. They (the Aero & LW) are both bad-ass; will be a hard decision.

If Matty doesn't take you up on your offer, if it's the LW you sell, if it's a size 38/40 & if I have the money at the time I be very pleased to be considered as next in line to become the jacket's new owner :D

jon z

One of the Regulars
Thanks DXX

DoubleXX said:
Sorry Jon; it's a size 48.

Oh well just as well I suppose cus now I wont torment myself knowing there's a jacket out there in my size that may be for sale some time in the future.

I really appreciate you getting back to me though.
Cheers fella.

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
My new size 46 AERO Grizzly is for sale, if anyone is interested. See the posting in the classifieds section. I've put on weight and the Lost Worlds one I recently got fits better as it's a size 48...

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
Grizzly custom?

Hello Feraud..amazing jacket. Is it yours? Do you know who I could go to if
I wanted to ask them to make a reproduction of this jacket? I wasn't that into Grizzly's but I've seen the light and its beautiful. The horsehide ( assuming it is) has a beautiful lustre to it. Do you know if there are guys in Japan maybe ( saw the pics of 'Lakeslamb' ) who would maybe tweak a pattern here and there to make one? I like the versions without waist belt. Any ideas would very welcome. Cheerio.

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
Grizzly photo's for custom?

Nice collar on this one
DSC06982.jpg

DSC06983.jpg

Hi Feraud

I was wondering if there might be a chance to see more photos of this stunning jacket. I've been thinking about this jacket for over a week now ( a long time to be fixated on it but it's that beautiful) I'm drawing up plans/specs for a custom Grizzly just like this, and I wanted to ask if you had any close up shots of the jacket re: close up of lining, labels, cuffs and pocket details. I'm very intrigued by the lining and collar set-up and how the slash pockets are made. Please, if this message somehow makes it your way, I'd love to see more of this jacket. Cheerio, martin.

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
I don't think that jacket belongs to Feraud. The label looks like a prety standard Laskinlamb, a bit like this one:

IMG_9424.jpg

thanks for the info Mr Kurtz...so does that mean its a 'repro' Laskinlamb? or original? The japanese makers are so brilliant at their copies i'm not sure. I have a dream to have a custom Grizzly made, and i've drafted specs and drawings, but don't know who to contact. I'm not a great fan of Aero ( heresy I know) but the japanese are notoriously hard to contact and even when you do it goes no where....so where do I go? i'm almost tempted to ask the lovely John Chapman at Good Wear, but he'd probably have an anurism, if i asked him...not that he couldn't do it obviuosly... maybe Aero is the only option? any ideas? many thanks

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
yep, saw that earlier today..but way too scared to have another look at the link. I can understand them wanting that kind of money, given the pedigree and rarity etc., but you get one and half Aero's for the same investment.

but if you or anyone knows who i could go to? cheerio

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. Think I'll contact Amanda at Aero...and yes i'm guessing a custom job will put me in the poor house (or my partner will) :) cheerio, m.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass