Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hatco Outlet Store in Garland, TX

carter

I'll Lock Up
Mark from Plano said:
Wow. Went by there this morning and wish that I'd found this place earlier. Picked up 3 fur felt Stetsons basically for the price of 1 at retail. Dobbs and Stetson fur felt hats sell for about $60. They are running a sale on all felt dress hats that is 10% off 1, 20% off if you buy 2 and 30% off (all) if you buy 3. So that was $180 less 30% or about $136.50 with tax. Also picked up a couple of Stetson straws for my father-in-law for Christmas.

I did see that they had 4X Beaver OR's for $80. I believe that they were also on the dress felt sale but I'm not sure.

I was the only person in the place shopping for dress hats today, but the place was packed with people picking up new Cowboy hats. It is Texas after all.

Show us what you bought!

OK, now let's just keep this our little secret. :D :D :D

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The prices on the hats are great , but look at what you are buying carefully. Some of the hats are returns from guys like me because of defects . However, there are some great deals to be found. On my last trip I found a few Stetson 100% beaver Pinnacles for 58.00. I grabbed them up and resold them in my store . They were all gone in three days.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Another outlet store...

Not having a Hatco in my neck of the woods (PA), I ventured out to the Bollman Hat Co. Outlet Store in Adamstown, PA. If I had not first seen the Hatco photos, I would be raving about this place. However, the Hatco pics are humbling. I will say that I personally have never seen so many dress hats in one place than at Bollman (but then again, I haven't been to Hatco), and the prices were quite good. I was looking at a Bailey's of Hollywood "Gangster" when a Stetson "Delaware" caught my eye. At $20, it went home with me. Here is a photo of it:

100_0548.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Colby Jack said:
Do they mail order at all?:eusa_clap :D

There is no web site, and no catalogue. The floor man told me you can place a telephone order, but here is no discount for phone orders. If the hat is tagged $59.95, you pay $59.95 plus shipping. If you walk in, you get whatever discount they are offering (Sometimes 20% off; sometimes 10% for 1 hat, 20% for two, or 30% off if you buy three.)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I was at the Bollman outlet last year. There is no comparison to the Hatco outlet. Bollman produces mostly wool hats , so that's what you will find there. They were the licensee for Stetson a while ago , so you may find a few Stetsons there as well.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

KilroyCD

One Too Many
besdor said:
I was at the Bollman outlet last year. There is no comparison to the Hatco outlet. Bollman produces mostly wool hats , so that's what you will find there. They were the licensee for Stetson a while ago , so you may find a few Stetsons there as well.
You're right, just by the photos I could tell that Hatco is heads and shoulders above Bollman as far as the selection is concerned. Although I own a Bollman fur Homburg, all the hats I saw there were wool or straw. I didn't peruse the western section, but I did find a few Stetsons (precious few, mind you) in the dress hats section. They were all the Delaware model, and I bought one that fit my pumpkin head. The majority of the dress hats were Baileys, and I think I'll be going back for a light grey Bailey "Gangster". I should have bought that as well when I bought the Stetson.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone seen any of the new Cavanaghs there? I know it will be heartbreaking, but I'd like to see what they've done with the resurrected name.

Brad

carter

I'll Lock Up
Brad Bowers said:
Has anyone seen any of the new Cavanaghs there? I know it will be heartbreaking, but I'd like to see what they've done with the resurrected name.
Brad

Brad, I bought one there for my daughter about three weeks ago. It is Style BE88 - Park Avenue - Full Beaver - Black - 2 1/2" Brim - raw edge - 5" Crown - 7/8" grosgrain ribbon.

While this is not a vintage Cavanagh, it is a nice modern production hat with felt that is superior to most you'll find. I've had three modern Borsalinos and I believe this hat is better. The felt is just as soft and more substantial to hand. If anything, I'd like it to be a tad stiffer.

All that being said, I'd buy this hat if it was available in my size. It's a very nice hat.

Carter

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, carter and J.T. Sounds like they offer at least a couple of different levels of Cavanagh. It's strange that I've seen no advertising anywhere on the 'Net, including new Cavanaghs for sale on websites. I'd like to see the styles they offer.

If anyone should be down there and happen to see a full beaver Cavanagh, 7 3/8, with a wide ribbon and decent brim width, give me a holler.

Brad

carter

I'll Lock Up
Brad Bowers said:
Thanks, carter and J.T. Sounds like they offer at least a couple of different levels of Cavanagh. It's strange that I've seen no advertising anywhere on the 'Net, including new Cavanaghs for sale on websites. I'd like to see the styles they offer.
If anyone should be down there and happen to see a full beaver Cavanagh, 7 3/8, with a wide ribbon and decent brim width, give me a holler.
Brad

Brad, When I toured their factory last summer, this hat was still in the development stage. It may not be in retail yet. HATCO may be able to tell us. I'll be glad to look whenever I'm there but, as I've told other members of the FL, their inventory changes daily. So, what is there today may not be there tomorrow. Carter

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Thanks J.T. Those weren't there last time I looked.

It's exactly what I was afraid of. They all scream STETSON to me, and not Cavanagh. Even though that's what the little pin says.lol

Oh well. I guess I expected more from the resurrection.

carter, does the liner on yours look the same as a classic Cavanagh liner, or have they changed it?

Brad

Glimmung

New in Town
WOW. Garland is about 4 and a half hours away from me (I live outside of Houston). It looks like I'll be visiting my friends in Dallas very soon. Thanks for the heads up on this place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo