Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The hype about Langlitz is REAL.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I gathered speaking with the guys at Langlitz was feedback from customers who order cowhide expecting the drape and feel of goatskin when the jacket arrives. If you go to the shop the jackets primarily available to try on are goat, which is fantastic but far more supple intially than cow or horsehide. That being said I am choosing medium weight cowhide again for my upcoming Langlitz flight jacket.

Yeah, probably best to just talk to them. I already had them on the phone once and they were very friendly and helpful :)

El Marro

But my favorite leather has got to be Langlitz medium cowhide. It is special.
I second this thought. Both of my jackets from Langlitz are made from this leather and they look and feel better every time I wear them. On my Cascade in particular, the grain and texture that has come out is quite stunning.
751E63E8-CF8D-48C8-A5B8-1CC577A376D6.jpeg

sweetfights

I second this thought. Both of my jackets from Langlitz are made from this leather and they look and feel better every time I wear them. On my Cascade in particular, the grain and texture that has come out is quite stunning.
View attachment 153678
That is exactly my experience. Thank you for the photo. I have to take some and post too. Magnificent leather really. The graining does become more beautiful quite quickly.
It is extremely durable but great to touch and very aesthetically pleasing.
Almost esoteric. I do wonder how the heavy brown would be once broken in a little bit, but getting there might be a trial. And did I mention the smell? Intoxicating !!!

That is exactly my experience. Thank you for the photo. I have to take some and post too. Magnificent leather really. The graining does become more beautiful quite quickly.
It is extremely durable but great to touch and very aesthetically pleasing.
Almost esoteric. I do wonder how the heavy brown would be once broken in a little bit, but getting there might be a trial. And did I mention the smell? Intoxicating !!!
Would love to see some more pics of your two Langlitz @sweetfights! Post them up!

I have a sample of Langlitz goat. If I ever get a pair of leather pants it for sure would be goat. And because of the custom fit Langlitz would be my go to. Otherwise, Langlitz medium cowhide is simply incredible. The feel, smell, texture and graininess is outstanding. It has the definitive quality of getting better with age and wear. The harder you wear it, the better it gets. I love it. The same can be said for the wear factor of Aero and Lost World's and Thedi for that matter. Each of these makers leather is really unique. Too many choices and too few jackets really. But my favorite leather has got to be Langlitz medium cowhide. It is special.

I better understand your point of view of the Langlitz cowhide now that my new to me jacket came in. This one fits so I have spent a bit more time with it. All you say is absolutely true and I will add that dark brown undertones seem to be popping up in high wear areas. Very subtle, nothing like teacore or my SB roadster. The grain, smell and feel are great. The grain is awesome. I will post pictures in the future but it is Police Columbia with cascade collar. Super happy with this purchase.

This leather is spectacular, as is LWs HH (2d favorite) and Vanson’s Octagon. But nothing speaks to me like Cal’s old HH.

Last edited:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Ok....then I’m just going to throw out there that you said “build quality and fit easily exceed Aero” plus “fit is absolutely perfect” and yet it was custom sized and is on its way back. The tenor of the review changes a bit. Seems like you received a well made jacket that doesn’t fit. Just sayin.
Exactly..........

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Seeing and having are different. We do hype the look and reputation of jackets we desire. It is actually a psychological phenomenon, and we have alluded to this in the past on TFL. The desire and chase are exciting and a very large part of the process. There is more often than not a certain "let down" once we receive articles of desire-post celebration. Many can attest; chasing, getting, selling, then regretting and getting basically the same. And we cycle through the styles we begin to appreciate that we dismissed prior. Einstein had it right on the jacket front. Wear the same smelly jacket that becomes our uniform till we die then someone else gets it and does what they want with it.
Spot on. The Chase is often better than the Catch. I’m considering a second Aero but i also can see a trip to the UK being on the cards possibly this year.
While there I would certainly make a trip to the factory, try on as many different styles as possible and then make a decision. Not excuses then to have regrets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany