Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The irrationality of looking out the door for your package

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Monitor said:
I've got TWO on the way. I am not overly excited though because it's so warm here that I probably won't get a chance to wear them until November.
That's kind of a problem. The stuff I just received is going to just sit there for 6 months.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Forget about it mate...Friday fever hits almost every industry.....from personal experience it hits the post office and truck drivers even harder than most.
It's a common syndrome, known around these parts as POETS day: P*ss Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday.
Belstaff, y'say? Bar Tenders, can we check Jagernaut's FL credentials? I'm pretty sure that purchase will have violated his membership. :D
Just be sure you are not on the CCTV cameras around Sauchiehall Street, ha, imagine the embarrassment of being seen slipping into T.K.Maxx.

Edward

Bartender
:lol: TK's can be good for some stuff. Seriously! But you do have to be prepared to take the time and hunt through it like a jumble sale... I found an almost-perfect, powder blue Summer blazer there last year. Very Elvis in Tupelo.... Ceptin' that some deigner idiot had decided that what it really needed were navy coloured elbow patches. Sure, elbow patches on Tweed, but.... this? How very Hoxton. As they say in all the best dives, fornicate that hipster bovine excrement (or words to that general effect).

Here's the one I got. It's H&M L.O.G.G. and it's basically perfect.

Ah! Looks not unlike what I imagine an International does before they put the wax on it.... I've occasionally considered getting a repro M43 jump jacket as a sort of Internationalalike for the Summer...

John Lever

One Too Many
When I bought my B2 from The Few the courier delivered the package and drove away as usual. I opened it and it was a box of important documents, no jacket ! After some very worried phone calls to FedEx it finally arrived. So sometimes looking for the courier is allowed and quite normal.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I look out the door sometimes because if I don't, the Postman will leave a sticky and I have to wait one more day to pick it up at the main P.O. which a royal pain in the arse believe me.

Worf

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I look out the door sometimes because if I don't, the Postman will leave a sticky and I have to wait one more day to pick it up at the main P.O. which a royal pain in the arse believe me.

Worf

+1

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Doctor Damage said:
... Another Musto Highlands, this one in daily driver condition; just waiting for matching waterproof trousers. I can now suggest a typology for those jackets, which will interest no one I'm sure.
For what it's worth, here's that second Highlands coat. This one is an early model. This photo shows how tall the collar is when flipped up, it's about 6".

pawineguy

One Too Many

Worf

The woman in our small post office always asks me if it's a leather jacket that I'm shipping or receiving, because I told her once what it was and she took an interest. Now she thinks I'm insane because of the amount of times I've had to say yes.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I was doing yard work when it showed up today... UPS though. I tipped the guy, he was happy! I opened the box and I was ecstatic! Nothin' like the smell of fresh leather. Pics soon.

Worf

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I do this very frequently, even when it's not a leather jacket I'm expecting. Psychologically, there is the urge to know when something has arrived.

This perhaps has little to do with waiting for the box, but I need to vent. I was checking the local classifieds this morning and suddenly a Lewis Leathers Lightning in sz. 40 on sale for 30 USD popped up. As good as new. I instantly jumped for the phone (tripped over a dog), called the number and a very young lady tells me it just got sold. She explained the jacket used to belong to her mother back in the days, but as she didn't wear it anymore, it was just collecting dust for over a decade. I thought about asking her if she knew what these jackets were worth, but decided against it.

So I could've been waiting for the LL Lightning that I paid 30 bucks for, but instead I am not waiting for anything at all.

Brettafett

One Too Many
I actually have my jacket purchases shipped to my work address- since that's where I am most of the time. :(

I do this also. My 'new' jacket is on its way as we speak.
The thing is, dep when it arrives, one can't wait to pull it out, have a wiff and gander and then try it on in the bathroom (without a sneaky co-worker eye-balling you and commenting on how weird you are, modeling yourself in front of the mirror ;)
Can be a test in patience to wait till you get home.

dan_t

Practically Family
Scan notification has come through that a 'parcel' has been loaded with the courier for delivery today!
Naturally, have decided to 'work from home' as a result.
Would love to pop out and grab my usual morning coffee (it's only 8:15am), but daren't commit any such madness. Bloody thing probably won't arrive anyway before lunch.....

pawineguy

One Too Many
Scan notification has come through that a 'parcel' has been loaded with the courier for delivery today!
Naturally, have decided to 'work from home' as a result.
Would love to pop out and grab my usual morning coffee (it's only 8:15am), but daren't commit any such madness. Bloody thing probably won't arrive anyway before lunch.....

So don't keep us guessing, what's in the box??

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi Pawnieguy, my first direct order from Aero, let's hope it is exactly as designed.
Pics and a separate post to follow, most likely later today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner