Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Last Detective, and other Brit Crime Dramas

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
I've been a fan of British crime dramas for a while, their characters are just so entertainingly quirky and their plots seem so much more layered than their American counterparts.

I recently watched series one of The Last Detective, starring Peter Davison(of Doctor Who fame) and loved it.

Davison starred as "Dangerous Davies" Dangerous because he's not and the last detective to be picked for a "real" case.

Has anyone else seen this? if not I really suggest seeing it. What other Detective shows are popular in our fancy ol' lounge?

Naphtali

Practically Family
I agree with all evaluations. My favorite British mystery/detective series are "Jonathan Creek" and "Lovejoy."

"Jonathan Creek" is akin to the "Banacek" series -- that is, what you see is not what you see. Creek is a technician who creates illusions for a famous magician.

"Lovejoy," based upon novels by Jonathan Gash, is a shifty, sneaky antiques dealer.

I haven't watched television in six years, so I have no idea whether either series is available for viewing. They are, however, impossible to find in Montana.

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
Naphtali said:
\"Jonathan Creek" and "Lovejoy."

I haven't watched television in six years, so I have no idea whether either series is available for viewing. They are, however, impossible to find in Montana.

I know for a fact "Lovejoy" is available at my library, I've yet to get around to watching it. I keep meaning to though.

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
bobalooba said:
I know for a fact "Lovejoy" is available at my library, I've yet to get around to watching it. I keep meaning to though.

Checked it out earlier today, still have yet to watch it, wish me luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo