Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the leopard can never change its spots

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne darling, what did you post?
Amy Jeanne said:
How could we forget this!! lol I watched this on the plane (I'm in England right now) and immediately thought of this thread
Lana Turner
151327_large1.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Random observations:

Hate Lana as a brunette.
Hate Jane as a blonde.
Hate that Tony and Jack have better legs than I do.

Love you gals for posting these delicious pictures!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Here's an informative post from thecardigankid:
thecardigankid said:
This is Captain Samuel J. Richardson, commander of Company F, 2nd Texas Cavalry (2nd Mounted Rifles) during the American Civil War.

capt_samuel_j_richardson_csa_via_mc.gif

Note the Leopard Skin pants or chaps on this Texas Cavalryman, with matching holsters. This image is close to 150 years old. This is one of the earliest photographs I know of Leopard Skin being worn in fashion in the United States. Now I have seen several Colonial Era Homes with original exotic animal rugs (Siberian Tigers, Tigers, Leopards, Zebras etc.) and I have heard of some capes and top coats being made of such.

But for the longest time until the "Faux" fur industry really took off, there really wasnt a supply of exotic animal skins and furs, unless you were very rich. And in American Society the very rich make up the smallest percent of society. So you would more than likely see animals indigenous to North America being used for fashionable clothing, rather than exotic.

Hope that made sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou