Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE LITTLE RASCALS; Isthmus be my lucky day

rumblefish

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
I always thought he said, 'this ain't no place for a mule.' Anyone have the dvd to check?
I checked it Senator Jack. It is "this is no place for you". Stymie says it a few times in that episode. And whoops, scotrace already listed that one in post #5

While I'm here;
Mrs Crabtree was staying at Jacky, Mary, and Wheezer's house and Chubby was coming over later. One of my favorite episodes. BegintheBeguine listed the Chubsy Ubsy quote. Before that scene Mary and Miss Crabtree were talking about Chubby turning his attention off Mary and onto Miss Crabtree:

Miss Crabtree- Ohhh, I guess then, I'm your rival
Mary- Well, I don't know anything about rifles, but he's coming here tonight to ask you to marry him.

Then Chubby is at the door and Jacky answers it:
Chubby- Hi pal-zy, just passing by thought I'd drop in.
Jacky- Yeah,,,well keep passing by til' you get to the river, then drop in.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I like that episode ! Miss Crabtree is June Marlowe who was actually a brunette and a Hottie ! She has a website with some of her previous works. Another funny episode was when Stymie had a run in with the "Fidgets". Curiously they banned that episode because of the exploitation of the little people.

Bassman

A-List Customer
DutchIndo said:
I like that episode ! Miss Crabtree is June Marlowe who was actually a brunette and a Hottie ! She has a website with some of her previous works. Another funny episode was when Stymie had a run in with the "Fidgets". Curiously they banned that episode because of the exploitation of the little people.

At the end when the "fidgets" got nabbed...
"Hey flatfoot. Call your shots."

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I used to watch the Our Gang comedies in the Saturday matinee at our local theater. One of my favorites was "Fly My Kite," in which the kids have to stave off a greedy son-in-law who finds that Grandma has some formerly worthless bonds that have gone up. She does not know that and has tied them to Chubby's kite, making a statement that the bonds "finally did go up."

The son-in-law tries to grab the kite, the kids attempt to keep him away from it. In the end, Grandma gets her bonds back and all is well.

karol

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
TCM's paying tribute to the Hal Roach Studios this month, and starting tomorrow evening at 8pm, that tribute takes the form of 24 hours straight of Our Gang comedies.

Just how much cute can you take?

At 3:15 a.m., they're sneaking in a musical short called GEMS OF M-G-M (1932) that seems to have no connection to the Gang. But otherwise, it's 24 hours straight.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I just found out that a whole bunch of the silent Our Gangs that TCM ran yesterday were actually taken from a good film-collector friend of mine's 16mm prints!

Apparently, he had rented them to folks who were planning on putting together a silent Our Gang DVD box set a few years ago... which eventually fell through for a bunch of reasons, but the transfers made from his prints were some of the best copies available, and they were leased to TCM for their Hal Roach festival!

A very personal example of private film collectors - once scorned by the film industry and subject to ruthless legal investigation and prosecution - now being the heroes of preserving film history!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR