Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Magnificent Fur Coat

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, TommySalieri!

It has arrived! I'm ready to rule the world from my heavily armed Zeppelin! There's nothing you can do to stop me! Muhahahaha!

Anyhow, here it is. A genuine piece of vintage that's actually big enough for my 6-foot 320 lb frame, and what a beauty it is! Please do click the thumbnails for the "big picture."

It weighs a good 8 or 9 pounds, and even with the air conditioning running, I had to snap those pictures fast to avoid heat exhaustion.

It is fully lined with fur, top to bottom and all the way to the end of the sleeves. The fur on the collar is a little different from the fur inside, a little thicker and nicer looking, but it's all nice. It has 8 buttons, but rather than buttonholes, there are elastic loops at the edges which hook over the buttons.

TommySalieri mentioned some smell, but the ride in the post office trucks in the 100+ degree heat over the past few days must have gotten rid of it. The fur lining needs some repair in spots, though. Have to find a fur shop worthy of this magnificent beast.

The winter temperatures here in the San Fernando Valley actually get down into the low 40s and even the upper 30s on occasion, so I will wear it every chance I get when that happens.

Thank you again, TommySalieri! You are a gentleman and a scholar! :eusa_clap

Wild Root

Gone Home
Swell! That's a fine coat!!! You know, you can also wear that style of coat with a derby or a bowler! Check out Fred Astaire in the 1936 film "Swing Time" he wears a coat like that in the famous "A fine romance" scene!

I'm happy for ya Tony, that's a swell coat!

=WR=

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Fantastic. Simply fantastic. It looks like it was made just for you. I don't know wether to think wealthy bank mogul or mob boss, no, not a boss, Godfather. It looks great, I hope you get many chances to wear it!

Wild Root

Gone Home
In Tarzana? Man, you may have a chance to wear it in December or January... I wear my over coats in those months because I'm a thin wimpy Californian!lol

Enjoy the coat Tony! Wear it if it means sweating like a mad man!

=WR=

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, the west San Fernando Valley gets as cold in the winter as it gets hot in the summer. I think I'll be able to get away with it from November through February. I'll probably never wear it over a suit jacket, I'll cheat and wear it over a waistcoat.

Maybe it'll be cold enough in Long Beach in November so that I can at least wear it on deck in the evening.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Tony...you look great! Glad to see that there are some vintage buys out there for us "full-figured" guys...you have given me cause for hope! lol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I like it alot...

Tony in Tarzana said:
Thanks, TommySalieri!

It has arrived! I'm ready to rule the world from my heavily armed Zeppelin! There's nothing you can do to stop me! Muhahahaha!

Anyhow, here it is. A genuine piece of vintage that's actually big enough for my 6-foot 320 lb frame, and what a beauty it is! Please do click the thumbnails for the "big picture."

It weighs a good 8 or 9 pounds, and even with the air conditioning running, I had to snap those pictures fast to avoid heat exhaustion.

It is fully lined with fur, top to bottom and all the way to the end of the sleeves. The fur on the collar is a little different from the fur inside, a little thicker and nicer looking, but it's all nice. It has 8 buttons, but rather than buttonholes, there are elastic loops at the edges which hook over the buttons.

TommySalieri mentioned some smell, but the ride in the post office trucks in the 100+ degree heat over the past few days must have gotten rid of it. The fur lining needs some repair in spots, though. Have to find a fur shop worthy of this magnificent beast.

The winter temperatures here in the San Fernando Valley actually get down into the low 40s and even the upper 30s on occasion, so I will wear it every chance I get when that happens.

Thank you again, TommySalieri! You are a gentleman and a scholar! :eusa_clap

Tony you are Da Man... Looks great...:) :eusa_clap :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters