Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Man in the High Castle

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Saw this the other night. I'm not sure if it'll catch on but I enjoyed it. I think the idea of the "learing Nazi's" is a bit played but who knows. I did notice a complete absence of "under menchen" in the East Coast scenes which was a nice way, to me, to imply that the ovens were still in use.

Worf

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Watched the rest of it the other night; really liked it. Not quite sure what the neutral zone is (the Rocky Mountains). A buffer between eastern and western occupied lands? The one character paid for a meal in the diner using marks, Deutsche marks I guess. It seems from the dialogue on the bus that the zone is sort of a hideout for those "undesirables" hunted by the Germans.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Funny I just got through playing a Computer Game with similar themes. It's called "Wolfenstein - The New Order". Using stolen tech from a secret cult of Jewish Scientists, Hitler conquers the world, uses atomic bombs to force the U.S.'s surrender. A former soldier who's been in a 14 year coma awakens to find the Nazi's in control of the world. He immediately goes on a murder spree, freeing imprisioned resistance fighters even traveling to the Third Reichs bass on the moon in an effort to break their grip on the world. It's a FPS but I haven't had so much fun killing pixels in years.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24