Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most expensive hat in the world?

TES

New in Town
Aerol, I wonder what you thought about the hat. I bet it was absolutely beautiful.

I know that Mr. Black has sold at least 2 hats for 25,000USD. I've heard of 2 other sales, one for 30,000 and another for 25,000 that I'm not in a position to confirm. Wouldn't it be interesting, though, to put them all side by side? That's what's missing from the trade, the ability of the end consumer to see what these things really are when you see them up close, together. All of those are exquisite, I'm sure, and some of the best examples of Montecristis woven over the last, probably, ten years. Better yet would be to see all of those compared to the vintage hats some on the forum have picked up on ebay, etc.. We would all learn more about the state of the art and see some really unrepeatable works of art, I bet.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
"Modeled by actress Alicia Witt at Christie’s in London, Chapeau d’Amour—the “hat of love”—was created by celebrity couture designer Louis Mariette in 2004.

Made of woven platinum and covered in stunning diamonds, the hat was inspired by ivy and bluebells.

Valued at $2.7 million, The Chapeau d‘Amour, is currently the most expensive hat ever created."

mostexpensivehat-468x467.jpg

TES

New in Town
Bravo, there you go...it's settled then. Surely the most expensive hat in the world. I wonder if the usual suspects could give us something like that in straw. Depending on how your taste may run, I'd put my money on Milton, actually, he advertises some pretty expensive hat trim.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
"Modeled by actress Alicia Witt at Christie’s in London, Chapeau d’Amour—the “hat of love”—was created by celebrity couture designer Louis Mariette in 2004.

Made of woven platinum and covered in stunning diamonds, the hat was inspired by ivy and bluebells.

Valued at $2.7 million, The Chapeau d‘Amour, is currently the most expensive hat ever created."

I've heard something about great minds, but I'm too modest to talk about it. :p

TES

New in Town
Marc, I'd personally like to see more of the girl before deciding. That's a lot of money, particularly in light of the commodities market these days with respect to platinum.

Sargon

Familiar Face
I'll always remember her as the terrifying Alia in David Lynch's Dune however. Her look of joy while holding a knife dispatching the wounded as a child is priceless.

TES

New in Town
I think surely there's an idea here for a new thread. Beautiful women wearing the hats of which we're so fond. Immediately, Lena Olen (sp? ) comes to mind in that movie based on the Milan Kundera novel, what was it, the Unbearable Lightness of Being ? If I knew something about technology at all, I would dig up some of the fetching still shots from that one, I remember it well all of the sudden.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
TES said:
The Unbearable Lightness of Being ?

Lena Olin and Daniel Day Lewis.

sven_unbearable_lightness_of_being5.jpg

This is one of the few films that I've ever purchased. Risotto ala Tomasso + The Unbearable Lightness of Being + a few bottles of vino = a wonderful evening spent at home in the company of a young lady. I've probably seen this flick over 50 times; though rarely through till the end. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou