Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most horrible remake ever to be made

Edward

Bartender
MisterCairo said:
Worst remake ever: The Wicker Man. How could anyone even think of trying to remake a one-off classic of creepiness like that????

Not only an appalling veriosn, but the casual misogyny of the remake made me very uncomfortable.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
MisterCairo said:
Worst remake ever: The Wicker Man. How could anyone even think of trying to remake a one-off classic of creepiness like that????

I thought it was wonderful.

To take such a dramatic and creepy movie and remake it as a screwball parody? Genius!

FATS88

One of the Regulars
D.O.A. (1988)
I usually like Dennis Quaid films,
haven't liked Meg in anything yet...
WHEWW! what a stinker.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MisterCairo said:

Here here. I watched both of them back to back a few weeks ago, and I was astonished at how watered down the remake was. Even more so, mystified that they changed the religion to give it a matriarchal tone. How odd, considering they sacrificed him in a wicker MAN.

LD

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Not strictly a remake, but rather a sequel to Chinatown (1974). . . it's just awful.

Yep, I couldnt' get through about 10 years ago. Earlier this year I tried again and while I made it through it, it was bad...

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
Try the Dukes of Hazzard or Starsky and Hutch if you REALLY want to ruin your day. They were both terrible. They appear to have been created as comedies, but they are both so bad that they are almost parodies of themselves. Horrible.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Worst remake ever? I have no idea ... there are so many. But I'm surprised that The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008) hasn't been mentioned.

natidahling

New in Town
Hands down; The Women! Just terrible.

Agreed!
The Women is one of my favorite movies of all time, and, though I'm not big on remakes I admit I was just a tad curious about this one.
I forgot all about it until I happened to catch it on HBO or something a while back and I sat through the whole thing (don't ask me how)...what an atrocity! :eek:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
There is a lot of fodder here for potential horrible remakes..
50 Upcoming Movie Remakes (Yep, 50!)

Some of those on the list could stand a good remake. I loved Fright Night when it came out, but I think that it could be better. I mean, David Tennant (Dr. Who) will be in it. Commando, that's a given. With so many technical flubs in the original it is in dire need of a remake. Judge Dredd, yeah, prime candidate. All's Quiet on the western Front, not exactly a prime candidate, but I will be interested in seeing it.

Cheers!

Dan

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Some of those on the list could stand a good remake. I loved Fright Night when it came out, but I think that it could be better. I mean, David Tennant (Dr. Who) will be in it. Commando, that's a given. With so many technical flubs in the original it is in dire need of a remake. Judge Dredd, yeah, prime candidate. All's Quiet on the western Front, not exactly a prime candidate, but I will be interested in seeing it.

Cheers!

Dan
I guess there is in theory a possibility that a remake would be better than the existing version(s), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

While this isn't exactly on topic, I really enjoyed both versions of "The Longest Yard". I was impressed that the plot line was updated, yet the same. Everything that happened in the first movie, happened in the second, but in a slightly different way and possibly to a different person.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot